Riding/Racing Instruction Schools

Ddtt77

Looking for intro track schools. I'm older 52, not new to riding, but am new to sportbikes. Local to Pittsburgh area so Pitt Race would be closest track. But willing to travel. Goal would be to eventually club race etc... So any direction or suggestions would be most helpful as not sure where to start. Thanks.

@Ddtt77

My vote is N2’s Advanced Training Program (ATP) for a solid foundation. There are four opportunities left this season and there is usually a wait list so plan ahead.

If you really want to bite into the apple, Yamaha Champions Riding School (YCRS) is a two day course with MotoAmerica and WERA racers. Their approach is not to make the students into racers but to share enduring principles and best practices on how to think and operate the motorcycle at pace whether you’re on the track or street. YCRS has decades of experience running this course but they keep the curriculum and the instruction fresh. The instructors are all hand picked for being high performance riders without being arrogant. YCRS attracts a really wide variety of riders and you will be instructed by the same guys that line up on the MotoAmerica grid on TV and win races.

N2’s ATP curriculum is derived from YCRS. AJ (N2 Control Rider and Senior Instructor for ATP) is a core staff member of YCRS.

Hard to go wrong either way.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agree with this guy ^^^^
I will add that racers do take YCRS to improve and shave off those last 10ths, too. The class size is small enough, and the ratio of instructors to students low enough, that everyone gets what they need.

In fact, that is YCRS's rule number 5 "you get what you need" and if you're not, ask.

I've taken lots of different schools over the years, but YCRS is the one that gave me the best improvement and control over my motorcycle. They have a clear, concise way of explaining how to ride a motorcycle. As mentioned above, it's appropriate for all levels of riders.

N2's ATP is great, AJ is a wonderful instructor. He does private lessons, too.