Road Atlanta Dates Have Changed

yokel84

yokel84;302081 wrote: I'll do my part and keep my money here as long as I can and hope that those efforts are matched, both by leadership and other members. I feel like we're all in this together, and it seems like negativity and loss of confidence only makes the outlook less certain, due to the effect that perceptions have on people's actions and therefore reality.
I guess it's obvious to most on here by now that everything's probably not great with NESBA in the SE region. I feel obliged to post up because I was previously on here urging positivity (or at least expressing my own view). I guess being overly positive is a personal vice albeit one which hasn't usually hung me out too bad.

My view of this situation is no longer positive.

FZ1guy;302122 wrote: HJ, really? REALLY? Without an alternative to NESBA the season would be lost? You are in Georgia. Do you ride Road Atlanta? TGPR? Barber? Jennings? Roebling? I won't name names, but there are several large and small groups that you need to know about. You could ride every weekend.
You are too literal brother - relax a little. I ride an average of 50+ track days a year (REALLY!), about half of those with NESBA. I meant the "NESBA" season (this is the NESBA board). I appreciate the help but I'm good bro - just trying to ease the minds of many here that have some major shit to deal with in getting their money back or finding a way to keep enjoying this sport sans NESBA.

And by the way, my "loyalty" is never to any single organization, but always to the friends that come out and ride (whatever the organization may be). I do support many different orgs, but I've learned to be very careful where I place my loyalty.

HJ

mjkuhno

hurricanejohn;302274 wrote: You are too literal brother - relax a little. I ride an average of 50+ track days a year (REALLY!), about half of those with NESBA. I meant the "NESBA" season (this is the NESBA board). I appreciate the help but I'm good bro - just trying to ease the minds of many here that have some major shit to deal with in getting their money back or finding a way to keep enjoying this sport sans NESBA.

And by the way, my "loyalty" is never to any single organization, but always to the friends that come out and ride (whatever the organization may be). I do support many different orgs, but I've learned to be very careful where I place my loyalty.

HJ
50+ days a year; that's awesome!!

Really like the 2nd part of your statement here BTW. Loyalty is always best placed with specific individuals and not organizations. Even though one could argue that organizations are made up of individuals, that doesn't mean YOU get to choose.

Godfather

I Pledge Allegiance

I Pledge Allegiance to The Flag of Sicilian Racing of America and to the track day org where I am a "House Member" with Many, Many Track days under the protection of God, indivisible from trash talking, with Liberty to pass a CR on Outside without reprimanded, and fun for All.

FZ1guy

hurricanejohn;302274 wrote: You are too literal brother - relax a little. I ride an average of 50+ track days a year (REALLY!), about half of those with NESBA. I meant the "NESBA" season (this is the NESBA board). I appreciate the help but I'm good bro - just trying to ease the minds of many here that have some major shit to deal with in getting their money back or finding a way to keep enjoying this sport sans NESBA.

HJ
Hey, it's all good. If I relax any more I'll tip over.

I just don't see the issue here, except for those that have already sent in their money. They have a problem.

Like you, I ride with any org, and I personally have never once been to a TD without leaving with a smile. You are right when you say it's about the riders, not the org that makes or breaks a TD. That's why I didn't get your comment about the season being shot without NESBA. This affects me not at all. So I'll ride with the other guys. Problem solved. Hope to see you there.