Road Atlanta July 5/6 info dump

Huey130

Director
Race Director
It's a different world so please read through these. I'm trying to think of every question that could be asked:

MASKS REQUIRED while on Road Atlanta property. If you're in your own pits with no one else around you'll be ok. But during any interactions with other members, staff or during meetings you will be required to have on a mask. This is Road A's decision to appease the county to avoid any possibility of being shut down. Please, please help us help them to stay open by following their guidelines.

ALL social media posts must have masks or helmets on. All. Please. If we see one we’ll have a talk’n. And I hate those type of talks.

Gate will open Saturday the 4th at 5:00pm. Possibly sooner but don't count on it.

We can pre-stage in the ticket lanes outside of the gate. Please leave the road directly to the gate open. Customers to the right and Staff / CR to the left. Please follow security / staff instructions.

We will all be pre-screened / temp taken at the registration building before being allowed into the gate. Please observe social distancing in the lines and have your masks on.

This is a "non spectator event". If they rode to the track with you they're "crew". But people can't show up just to watch.

No rental suits.

We will need help setting up Air Fence Saturday afternoon and help tearing it down Monday after the track goes cold. We will be riding around the pits asking for volunteers so keep an ear out please. It takes about an hour each day. We never have enough help and I sincerely appreciate anyone who does!

With our apologies we won't be having our normal cookout / potluck helping Road Atlanta with their guidelines. I've been told Oakwood and Gainesville restaurants and shops are all mostly open but the area around the Mall of Georgia are take-out only.

We will be pitted in the "pro"/inside paddock.
Power is free and first-come-first-served. Road Atlanta has added a LOT of 50 amp drops out of the breaker boxes.

I know it's the 4th weekend but fireworks are not allowed on Road A property.

Tire service will be provided by Podium Motorsports' Greg Elstadt with Pirelli.

During the two-hour quiet time on Sunday we will be doing a track walk / corner study. It's a long way so bring water AND YOUR MASKS! Meet at the hot-pit gate at 10:30. No scooters.

So as you can see a LOT of hoops but we're all in this together any issues / frustrations will disappear the moment your visor drops and you start climbing the hill out of T-1! We're going to have a BLAST!

Last edited:

bmart

Control Rider
+100 on the value of the track walk. If you're on site, please come to this. You'll be amazed at what you learn at walking speed that you cannot see at track speed.

Huey130

Director
Race Director
+100 on the value of the track walk. If you're on site, please come to this. You'll be amazed at what you learn at walking speed that you cannot see at track speed.
Plus more people to help carry me down the back straight! Hahahaha