Road Atlanta Trackside support

Fahad

I need help with putting some new tires, chain and brake pads (both front and rear) on my cbr500r

I will be there Friday afternoon with a cooler full of ice cold budlight :)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
There will be a tire vendor there that can take care of getting tires mounted in your wheels although you normally take the wheels on/off your bike. Make sure you have the right tools, especially for the front and rear axles.

Brake pads are usually pretty straight forward.

Putting on a new chain at the track, especially for your first day is not something I’d really recommend. Is there a way you can get that done at a shop prior to leaving for the track?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fahad

Thanks, this is very helpful! I will bring all the relevant tools

I will see if I can make it work with my existing chain and jsut tighten - it might have just enough life left on it

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Agree with darth nater, a chain change can take quite awhile, and you'd need someone there with the rivet tool. Just don't overtighten - that's something we commonly see at tech. Whatever the specs are in your owner's manual, put it on the loose side. Are the teeth in good shape?

Fahad

The teeth are in good shape

I just took the bike to a local shop and they assured me it did not need to be replaced and they will make sure it is within spec

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
The teeth are in good shape

I just took the bike to a local shop and they assured me it did not need to be replaced and they will make sure it is within spec

Good to hear. Welcome to N2 and enjoy the weekend!