Road Atlanta

HawkRacer257

Good day all!
Myself and a buddy are coming to run Road Atlanta July 5....... HooooRRRaaayyyyyy!!!!! We have not had the pleasure of running there, so I have some questions......

Where is best and easiest place to park? Is there any shaded areas and or can we use covered area ?

What time should we roll in to set up and be ready on time for meeting and introduction, etc....?

Do they have electric at various areas for fans and tire warmers and all that?

We are not newbies...... HAHAHA.... just haven't had the funding to ride as many places as I would like.
I have hit Roebling a few times, little Tally and Barber. I have never been to Road Atlanta, not even for races......

Many thanks,
Brian

bmart

Control Rider
All great questions that I'm sure smarter people will answer.

All that you need to know is this:
1-stay off of the blend line when pulling out of the pits
2-Turn 5 is a lot faster than you think it is. So is turn 6
3-pre turn 10a is actually uphill, but looks downhill
4-aim at the yellow block on the bridge and put your weight on the front of the bike!

Wooo hooooo!

Watch some track day vids and the MotoAmerica races.

bmart

Control Rider
I've never seen them off, but they are in terrible shape. I always bring a breaker with outlets attached, just in case. And you may have to to find out about camping, with COVID going on.

HawkRacer257

Oh snap... are you hardwiring it? Or plugging in?
I have a few set ups but now you got my brain gears turning.....

can you send me a pic of your box and set up...?

don’t want have to lug a generator....

Thanks...

HawkRacer257

Perfect....

I have all of not most of the stuff to make that set up.

what brand/style breaker? GE? SquareD ? Or Siemens?

Many Thanks Brother!!!

bmart

Control Rider
You'd have to know the box/track setup. I don't know what these are. Perhaps someone else will chime in about Road A.

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Good day all!
Myself and a buddy are coming to run Road Atlanta July 5....... HooooRRRaaayyyyyy!!!!! We have not had the pleasure of running there, so I have some questions......

Where is best and easiest place to park? Is there any shaded areas and or can we use covered area ?

What time should we roll in to set up and be ready on time for meeting and introduction, etc....?

Do they have electric at various areas for fans and tire warmers and all that?

We are not newbies...... HAHAHA.... just haven't had the funding to ride as many places as I would like.
I have hit Roebling a few times, little Tally and Barber. I have never been to Road Atlanta, not even for races......

Many thanks,
Brian

We utilize the infield paddock. There are no shaded or covered areas in the paddock.
You can get into the track at 5:00 PM the night prior. Gate is open 24 hours. Tech & Registration start at 7:00 AM.
Plenty of power in the paddock; however there are not receptacles at each pole. Many 30 amp & 50 amp receptacles have been wired in and left. The breaker boxes are a mix of Square D & Siemens breakers.

Xena5200

Are we going to be able to camp the night before? Heard from Road Atlanta that they are having an event that is going late the night of the 4th.