Ruminations on my failed first track day

maxpr1

Peanut37;156612 wrote: Is it sadistic to ask for pics of the bike?
I'll show you mine if you show me yours!
crash1.jpg

crash2.jpg

Anyone know how many crashes happened that week end? Seems a bit above average... :wow:

Patriot? I know of at least 3 in the B group alone. Hope you made out better'n the bike. I have mine sort of put back together, sort of street fighter style. Tried to ride it but it started up and about a minute later it quit, as if starved for fuel. Wonder if I pinched a fuel line somewhere tearing the ass end off/putting back on?

trailmug

daddyfriedrich;157026 wrote: Tried to ride it but it started up and about a minute later it quit, as if starved for fuel. Wonder if I pinched a fuel line somewhere tearing the ass end off/putting back on?
Probably not it, but you can try running it with the gas cap open to make sure it's not a vacuum relief issue.

Well, I let it sit a while, added some Seafoam (it was out in the rain overnight, maybe got damp in the tank). Started right up. Took it for a spin, seems ok. I think the patient is going to make it.:cool:

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Daddyfriedrich,
We've all been there and if it make you feel any better I have video of Lemondrop running off the track in B group.

Maxpr1,
It was tough to see your bike on the truck. I'm glad your ok. Far too many went down at njmp on Saturday

BigBird;157071 wrote: ummm....u haven't been here long......fix your bike...read and learn...

you'll get the jokes eventually :poorguy:
Thanks. I like the culture here over some other forums. BTW my sarcasm didn't come across very well. try re-reading it with a Dangerfield voice.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-66PD2OhaqA
at 3:41 Lemon runs wide and off and keeps it upright, however I believe Lemon has footage of me walking away from my lowside a session or 2 later. Point being it's all what you take away from your incidents. Lemon learned and overcame and quickly acended to "A" while I am still in "B" struggling, trying to figure things out

BigBird

Slow Steve;157090 wrote: Lemon learned and overcame and quickly acended to "A" while I am still in "B" struggling, trying to figure things out
i'm with you Steve. I think Lemon and I started at the same time. His member number is like 4 or 5 away from mine, and he's a super :a: rider and i've been out like 20 times and i am in the remedial part of the :b: group. It is what it is....i stopped comparing myself to others in this sport and just focus on trying to get around the track these days, and keeping my bike in one piece. :eek:

^^^^

One of the best statements ever!

Thanks Big Bird.

In my usual riding crew I am now the lone B-group rider. I went through a tough period of self doubt and at the end I decided to buy the type of bike I've always wanted and press forward and have FUN!

BZ

jfeagin

BigBird;157113 wrote: i'm with you Steve. I think Lemon and I started at the same time. His member number is like 4 or 5 away from mine, and he's a super :a: rider and i've been out like 20 times and i am in the remedial part of the :b: group. It is what it is....i stopped comparing myself to others in this sport and just focus on trying to get around the track these days, and keeping my bike in one piece. :eek:
There's a remedial group? How do I get a bump? C'mon, I shifted gears once!! :crs:

maxpr1

Slow Steve;157067 wrote:

Maxpr1,
It was tough to see your bike on the truck. I'm glad your ok. Far too many went down at njmp on Saturday
It really sucked! Not just because of the bike, but because it was just such a beautiful day and I wanted to go back out there so bad:banghead:

maxpr1;157168 wrote: It really sucked! Not just because of the bike, but because it was just such a beautiful day and I wanted to go back out there so bad:banghead:
Same here. I found a fairing stay on eBay for around 65 bucks, delivered, so I should be back in road form pretty soon. It looks like a half-assed street fighter at the moment, but at least its rolling.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Slow Steve;157067 wrote: Daddyfriedrich,
We've all been there and if it make you feel any better I have video of Lemondrop running off the track in B group.

Maxpr1,
wait a sec....what??? me?? i let my buddy borrow my bike a while back..it was probably him.......:D