Season is approaching - time for maintenance!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Looking forward to getting things rolling for 2017. The weather outside is frightful, but the season ahead promises to be delightful! We're only a month away from Jennings, and not too long after that we'll be looking at NCBike and Road Atlanta!

Now's the time to get that pesky maintenance stuff done instead of waiting until the last minute. I'm going through my bikes from front to back, checking everything, flushing and changing coolant, checking torque on critical bolts, replacing some safety wiring, going through the suspension. Don't wait until the last minute - especially for suspension stuff. The good guys like Jon at CTR and Thermosman start to get really busy and nobody want's to be waiting on forks or a shock to be returned to them!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

2017bikemaint.jpeg

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Why doesn't it surprise me that Emerson got his done before me. Actually, the R6 was done a couple weeks ago too. I've been working on the trailer, splitting time between it and the 750.

Emerson - bike is looking good! But you're cheating - forcing Shiloh into slave labor working on your stuff! Next thing you know, we'll see pics posted of the puppy fetching parts for you.

bmart

Control Rider
It is the season for maintenance. The track bikes are all done with the exception of much needed new paint and a brake bleed. The street bikes are in the process. The CB-1 just got some fresh wax and the VFR is....apart.

Attachments

• 20170115_173321sm.jpg
    20170115_173321sm.jpg
    544.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20170113_210011sm.jpg
    20170113_210011sm.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 34

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Got to teach the boy how to bleed brakes and do n oil change on the SV.
New R1 is getting tuned on Sturday at Karn's

Motofun352

Control Rider
Got to teach the boy how to bleed brakes and do n oil change on the SV.
New R1 is getting tuned on Sturday at Karn's
Jason does good work, he tweaked my 750, added quick shift too. I'm getting antsy 'bout all you'se guys and your high falutin' new R1s.....All though,,,,,it's nice to have an excuse, I guess.:cautious:

tdelegram

Control Rider
2 new rear tires on the toy hauler, greased all the wheel bearings, replaced one bearing cap, mounted a 4rth pitbull trs plate (I'll check out drum brakes in the spring when it warms up more). New transmission in the rc8rs including a complete teardown splitting the cases inspecting the pistons, top end and a full safety wire on reassembly and new brake fluid. The 390 just got a quick shifter brake fluid swap and oil changed. Cleaned and reconditioned my leathers and gloves. Don't forget to take care of your second set of skin if you want it to take care of you. Bring on Jennings!

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
I just got started repairing my bike from the last get-off.
-Sent my forks out to Zoran to be straightened and refreshed
-Rigged an old GSXR vortex fairing stay to fit my SV
-Cut and reweleded my subframe to straighten it out
-Replaced one of the bars, pegs, other broken components
-Body work is coming soon! Got me 06-07 gsxr 600 bodywork to rig up. Armour bodies tail and Sharkskinz upper and lower, by far the nicest body work I've had. I'll rig it up, cut what I need, and then paint it. Welcoming ideas for paint scheme, since I'm not at all creative in this respect :)
-FINALLY ordered a quickshifter for the bike too
-Hopefully will have a shiny new Hindle full exhaust for it

Still need to replace my leathers, and the Sidis that I've crashed in 7 times.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Also have trailer maintenance on the to-do list. Replace the roof hatch, recaulk the roof, replace the flooring, and redo the interior. Promises to be a good time

Looking forward to getting things rolling for 2017. The weather outside is frightful, but the season ahead promises to be delightful! We're only a month away from Jennings, and not too long after that we'll be looking at NCBike and Road Atlanta!

Now's the time to get that pesky maintenance stuff done instead of waiting until the last minute. I'm going through my bikes from front to back, checking everything, flushing and changing coolant, checking torque on critical bolts, replacing some safety wiring, going through the suspension. Don't wait until the last minute - especially for suspension stuff. The good guys like Jon at CTR and Thermosman start to get really busy and nobody want's to be waiting on forks or a shock to be returned to them!

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

View attachment 4038

What kind of bike lift is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

borislav

Control Rider
Lol, do you people have kids, jobs, houses with yards or with out , cars, boats...
When the f×#k you find time for the bike maintenance!? o_O
I must admit only maintenance I did to my bike is I maintained to look at it when I get in and out of the garage!:D

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
What kind of bike lift is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an old "Handy" commercial lift I bought via Craigslist from an old motorcycle shop that had gone out of business and was liquidating tools. Handy is no longer in business, but the think is air powered and built like a tank. I got a great deal (paid $75) and used it for several years as it before putting new seals in the air lift cylinder a couple years ago - cost about $20 in parts.

You can buy similar lifts new - used ones are pretty hard to come across.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Lol, do you people have kids, jobs, houses with yards or with out , cars, boats...
When the f×#k you find time for the bike maintenance!? o_O
I must admit only maintenance I did to my bike is I maintained to look at it when I get in and out of the garage!:D

:laugh: Some of are just so old that our kids are grown and gone! And if you look at my pic, on the other side of the bike you can barely make out one of the two post hydraulic car lift posts (with an extension cord temporarily hanging on it). Yes, I have hobby cars too! And as for yard, my "lawn" (the part I finish cut) is about 4 acres...... The rest of the acreage gets cut with the brush hog.....

borislav

Control Rider
:laugh: Some of are just so old that our kids are grown and gone! And if you look at my pic, on the other side of the bike you can barely make out one of the two post hydraulic car lift posts (with an extension cord temporarily hanging on it). Yes, I have hobby cars too! And as for yard, my "lawn" (the part I finish cut) is about 4 acres...... The rest of the acreage gets cut with the brush hog.....
It must be the kids gone thing, I will never admit you are more efficient than I!!!:p