Should Ladies get a different rate?

Blinky

I think it would help to get some ladies into the door.

Plus it is a much better sight than seeing a man's ass. Oh better thought, it would just make us all slower in not wanting to pass.

:popcorn:

2trill357

Nope....being in the military I am a firm believer of equal opportunity. Everyone should be treated the same.

Landshark

Control Rider
Do you think this offer would encourage more women and also bring couples to an event that might otherwise go elsewhere?

2trill357

Nope....I think that in our "line of work" the women that are gonna be here are either already here and/or are going to come regardless of price. Its the love for what we do not the price that attracts people.

slowpoke

Landshark;106793 wrote: Do you think this offer would encourage more women and also bring couples to an event that might otherwise go elsewhere?
i know one of the other orgs has had some success in offering better prices for women. i guess it really depends on whether or not it's in a region/track that's having a tough time selling out.
Personally, if it's at NJMP where it always sells out, then i say 'no'.

What's the matter Troy? i thought CRs didn't pay for track time:D

Blinky

Yea, I do see it in my line of work too. If women want to be equal, let it be and let them pay the same prices.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
From a woman's perspective, I don't think it's necessary. Would it attract more women/couples? I don't believe so. If you love the sport, you'll be there regardless. For me, it's the quality of the org that's important. I could ride with one of the "other orgs" for the reduced women's pricing instead...I used to, but I don't any longer...I ride with NESBA. :D

When I started trackdays way back when, I doubt I would have picked one org over the other only because they offered a discounted rate for women. Sure, it's a nice perk, but there's lots of other things I consider more important in a trackday org. Now, if NESBA's prices over all were a lot higher than other orgs, that would be something that would encourage riders to go elsewhere...but they're not, all the org's prices are close.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
2trill357;106784 wrote: Nope....being in the military I am a firm believer of equal opportunity. Everyone should be treated the same.
I believe in equal opportunity, too, but being in the military shouldn't have anything to do with that. I would think you'd feel that way if you weren't in the military? Just sayin'. :)

Landshark

Control Rider
slowpoke;106795 wrote: i know one of the other orgs has had some success in offering better prices for women. i guess it really depends on whether or not it's in a region/track that's having a tough time selling out.
Personally, if it's at NJMP where it always sells out, then i say 'no'.

What's the matter Troy? i thought CRs didn't pay for track time:D
I'm just putting a feeler out there to see if you (Christine) and your MAN might attend more dates if your rates were cheaper.

hank

No.

One of the nice things about track days - to the bike, the track or other people riding in the session - a rider's: gender, income, political affiliation, ethnicity, native language, eye color, favorite dessert, etc., etc., etc. are all irrelevant.

Besides, dropping the price to promote any one group would be at the expense of others... and that just isn't right - no matter what the politicians claim....
:argh:

meanstrk

Control Rider
Rather than a "woman" perk, how about a "family rate" or "family discount" instead? How about if my son/daughter/wife wants to run, they can run under my membership instead of needing a seperate membership for every family member? That's how US Desmo does it as well.

I don't think that a woman should get a discount just because she has the right female bits...... They are riding the same bit of pavement as the rest of us.

Landshark

Control Rider
Perfect. This is exactly the feedback that makes the club what it is.

Ron, was that family member package a reason to join over another group or just a nice perk?

meanstrk

Control Rider
For me, it was just a nice perk when my son started doing track days. That was the first org I started riding with, and I still do, so it was not an enticement in any way. The stipulation with US Desmo is that they must live under the same roof.

hank

meanstrk;106811 wrote: Rather than a "woman" perk, how about a "family rate" or "family discount" instead? How about if my son/daughter/wife wants to run, they can run under my membership instead of needing a seperate membership for every family member? That's how US Desmo does it as well.
A 'Family" discount on membership - OK, but a discount on the track event rate? No...

Every person on the track during a session should pay the same price for that session. The track owner doesn't care who is related to whom on the grid when they charge for the track rental and neither should NESBA.