Somebody else to pass

749scott

Hi everybody. I'm new to the track this coming season. Love riding and can't stop thinking about it, riding the streets is fun but I want to safely be able to do more and learn. Caught the sickness last year when I watched a good friend of mine at Road America (which is in my back yard). Looking forward to learning how to become a better rider, and meeting some new people.

Can't wait for all this snow to melt and get on the track. :agree:

beac83

Welcome. Come to the NESBA MW/MC Bash at the end of January and meet some of us.

See you at the track in Spring.

749scott

Thinking about that?? I travel a lot for my job and I'm supposed to be out of town, but if I get home early I will be there. Works sucks, but it pays for my addiction. :doh:

thanks for the welcome

Meat

Welcome Scott. Nesba is a great group of guys and good thing your job is important so you can pay for your new addiction. :)

Maybe I will meet you when some of the other nuts from Wisconsin come to Barber at the end of the season. :)

749scott

Greenville?? I work in Greenwood SC sometimes. How far from you is that??

I have read a lot about Barber sounds like a great place to ride. Hope to meet you.

jimgl3

749scott;30521 wrote: Hi everybody. I'm new to the track this coming season. Love riding and can't stop thinking about it, riding the streets is fun but I want to safely be able to do more and learn. Caught the sickness last year when I watched a good friend of mine at Road America (which is in my back yard). Looking forward to learning how to become a better rider, and meeting some new people.

rd america's in your back yard? you suck!!! :moon:

Meat

749scott;30576 wrote: Greenville?? I work in Greenwood SC sometimes. How far from you is that??

I have read a lot about Barber sounds like a great place to ride. Hope to meet you.
Greenwood is about an hour + South of Greenville.

Barber really is everything people say it is. Definitely try to make it there if you can.

dlockhart5x

749scott;30521 wrote: Hi everybody. I'm new to the track this coming season. Love riding and can't stop thinking about it, riding the streets is fun but I want to safely be able to do more and learn. Caught the sickness last year when I watched a good friend of mine at Road America (which is in my back yard). Looking forward to learning how to become a better rider, and meeting some new people.

There are a bunch of good Nesbians in cheeseland and I'm sure you will fit right in.

749scott

Yes RA is in my back yard!!:haha: Along with all the great country back roads in the kettle morain forest that surrounds it!!

Hope to meet you guys at the tracks.

WERAYZFR6

Spartanburg SC residebce

Hi Scott, been with NESBA about 4 seasons now. The riders in the S.E. are some of the greatest guys you'll meet. I'm a Spartanburg County resident , about 5 minutes from BMW, and have 2 good friends that ride with NESBA that live in Simpsonville / Greenville. Drop me a line and maybe we can hook up in the mountains on a Saturday ride or a track day for sure. I'm idle until April , ride the mountains until May , then start the trackdays until September with a frequent mountain ride. The roads in Western NC are second to none other than Barber , Roebling , Atlanta , VIR , Jennings GP and so on. So welcome aboard and enjoy the addiction !!!!

749scott

Thanks for the invite WERAYZFR6!!

That sounds like a blast, I currently working in Lewistown PA, everyday I drive to work over mountains and can't stop thinking about how much fun it would be to ride in mountains. I will be in touch!!

jkrueger

Hey Scott, welcome to the addiction. Let me know if you need any help getting ready for the upcoming season, gear, tires, tracks I would be happy to help. Im not to far off from you either, working in Neenah/Menasha for the time being.

749scott

Thanks Jesse,

I'm set with gear, that was not a cheap day, :wow: but well worth it; tires I'm still reading. :dunno: going to probably need some help at the tracks though, from what I have been reading there is a lot to learn so any tips I can get on the side lines is only going to help me with the learning curve. Can't wait to start meeting some of the mid-west guys at the track (and everybody else of course). Thanks for all the help so far. :adore:

brandonh98

749scott;33363 wrote: Thanks for the invite WERAYZFR6!!

That sounds like a blast, I currently working in Lewistown PA, everyday I drive to work over mountains and can't stop thinking about how much fun it would be to ride in mountains. I will be in touch!!
Lewistown?...Your right next to me then (State College)....Check out www.pasportbikes.com ....its not a very busy site right now but in the summer time it will pick way up...everyone in the state college area uses that forum to organize rides and track days and such....

749scott

Well I'm heading home now, but I will be coming back out for work again I'm sure. If that happens and there are some track days in that time frame I will be looking you guys up from PA. I don't think it would take to long to get out there with my truck and trailer. Or if there are no track days we can hook up for some beer!!!:cheers: