Summit Main 8/26 I-Group Crash

Greg A

I will have to talk to HR to get the exact numbers but I think the first day NESBA gave us 5 A 15 I and 30 or 40 B slots. Nobody we had even asked for A and the ones the checked I were called and asked about their skill level. People that hadn't been on the track before were moved to B only a few stayed in I . Then after the first day they made the E class witch I personally didn't think worked well enough to solve the overloading in I. I am not sure if NESBA moved people up to make room for all the B class riders we had. But trust us all of us at Coleman saw the same problems we are talking about and know that it has to be fixed. On the Aug day I don't think we had 10 people in I from us and 6-7 of them are all ready NESBA members and are I riders already. I will talk to Bob before our next one to see if we can run 2 I groups if it's as full as it was the last one so we can get a better look at everyone to see if any can move to A or if they need to move back to B , and just having less people out at once will help them work on their lines.

And yes it seemed like some we're stopping out there but I think it was just too many people that even if they were fast they don't yet have the skills needed to setup and pass so it starts a jam. The B group was going faster than I for the most part because we never had a bunch of riders in one spot. We moved about 10 people back to B near the end of the day that we saw were fast because it was 1/2 the size of I and 5 or so back to E but it wasn't enough