Summit Point RV parking

jksoft

The April track day will be my first time at Summit Point. Do any reservations need to be made for RV parking (with power) other than just showing up and first come first serve?

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
You can park your RV by the power poles, which will be on the edge of the parking area. There you can get a number off of the pole and you can go back to where you entered the facility and give them the number and some cash and they will give you the key to the lock. When you return the key they will also refund you some of the cash that you gave them.

So in short its first come first serve.

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
Depends on if there was an event on track the day before "looks like there is". I cant remember the exact time but I would think you would be safe with 6pm, someone else can chime in with some more concrete info.

tdelegram

Control Rider
SCCA is out there for the weekend, I wouldn’t count on anything before 6:30-7:00. As we get closer I am sure there will be a role call thread and an air fence thread. We might be able to get in early to do air fence but hold those that aren’t helping.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
jksoft, some good info above. I'll be running that event, and look forward to seeing you there. There is an SCCA racing event there on Saturday and Sunday. Usually when SCCA is there, it's very difficult to get into the paddock area before at least 6pm. The SCCA guys are often not in a big hurry to pack up and leave. Possibly since this is a Sunday evening going into our event on Monday, they'll be a little more in the mood to get packed and out of the area for us. If you show up before that, gate security will direct you off into a parking area to the right of the front gate until they release us for entry into the paddock.

If possible, I'd also suggest that you get there a little early and help with setting up air fence. It'll give you a chance to see the track before your first lap, and in a way that gives you a good perspective. I'll be sending out a communication a little closer to the event looking for air fence volunteers.

The power poles are all up against the woodline on the right side of the paddock as you enter it. You won't be able to get a key prior to getting to your spot, because you'll need to have the specific power box number to get the key.

Welcome! And let us know if you have any more questions. It's great to be talking about kicking off the season!

jksoft

Definitely looking forward to it. I've been away from the track for a while and looking forward to making it out as much as possible this year. Now just need to finish getting the bike put back together.
I'll plan on getting there early and helping out with the air fence.