Superbike or stock Seat?

dale.b

I am looking into the bodywork for my new R6. I need to choose between the superbike tail and supersport tail.

What are the benefits to running a superbike seat over a stock seat? How bad is the superbike seat on your ass bone?

Looking for input from those who have used both types.

stow

Supersport is much easier to get to the battery and fuses if the need arises and you don't have to worry about getting a seat pad. I have used the Superbike tail on one bike and honestly it wasn't all that different than the stock tail. Other than it didn't fit just right. The superbike tail will put you up just a little higher on most bikes if you need more room.

dean

I had a superbike seat and switched back to the OEM seat. I switched because I needed more of a "feel" to where my rump was on the bike. I am glad I switched - just my personal opinion.

Steve

Dale,

I've used both. If comfort is an issue, try a Honda goldwing:saythat: Seriously the stock has better padding, but I like the better feel of the superbike. I actually went with the thinnest padding armourbodies was offering when I got mine. I rode my F4 from 99 to 06 with stock, the cbr600rr I'm on now since then with superbike and haven't looked back.

FWIW,
Steve

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Dale, I've had both on my R1 and personally I couldn't tell much of a difference. I had a 1/2 inch pad on mine and I never had a soreness issue. I'm running the supersport tail now only because the superbike tail got damaged at Nelson. If I were to choose one over the other it would be the superstock. As Stow stated, it's much easier to access vital parts if need be.

Oh and by the way, what R6 did you get? Send me some pics if you get a chance.

ThePro8

I went to a superbike seat this yeah. I am just using 1/4" foam and I love it. Makes it easy to move around on and feel what the bike is doing. To get to the battery I just have to undo 4 screws so it's just about as easy as the stock seat. Try sitting on a superbike tail and see what you like.

dale.b

Thanks for the opinions!

Very funny Steve. I have to make sure to give you a hard time at tech next time I see you! :D

Jim, I got a 2008 R6 in Blue.