Supermoto at Robling Road?

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Yamaha851, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Yamaha851

Yamaha851 New Member

I've got a 2 cycle YZ250 supermoto I'm planning to run with Motogladiator this season, I'm wondering if I can test at Robling Road in March. Thanks!

2. tdelegram

tdelegram Control Rider

Send an email to:

support@n2td.org

I have never ridden RR to be able to comment, but keep in mind with any 2 stroke when you roll off throttle after longer on power straights you can lean seize the bike.

3. Otto Man

Otto Man John Control Rider

Assuming it's properly setup, it won't have a problem passing tech - 2 stroke part isn't a big deal. A supermoto at a track like Roebling...well, it might take you a few minutes to finish that front straight, and you'll probably only shift down to 4th gear at one or two spots on the track...maybe. Otherwise you're gonna be pinned literally the entire time. LOL

4. TimTheAsian

TimTheAsian Fresh off the Boat Staff Member

Hey like riding a grom at Nelsons Ledges!

Otto Man likes this.
  5. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Control Rider

There used to be a restriction not allowing for supermotos on the larger tracks. Like Tom, I've never been to Roebling, so I don't know how big that track is. Nor do I know if the supermoto restriction is still a thing.

6. bmart

bmart Control Rider

It is a quite fast and flowing track.

7. Yamaha851

Yamaha851 New Member

Thanks for the info, I was thinking it was a smaller track. Maybe I'll try Shennendoah or something else.

8. bmart

bmart Control Rider

You'd have a hoot at VIR Patriot.

9. tdelegram

tdelegram Control Rider

Shenny usually has a bunch of super moto bikes and riders.

10. bmart

bmart Control Rider

Shenny rocks too.

11. peterjonson

peterjonson New Member

Hello,
    Good wishes to you for the planning. Please keep posting updates.
    Thanks

12. GeorgeB

GeorgeB GeorgeB Control Rider

My best time at Shenandoah was on a DRZ400sm. Especially when your friend is on another DRZ400sm. I laughed the whole session.