Suspension clinics.

snikwad

Ok, so i know he other orgs do them from time to time.
I dont really care for them and as of right now, im sticking to nesba only, maybe when im fiending near the seasons end ill try one of them just for seat time.

So what of these suspension clinics? does nesba do them?

My partner and i, we've set our own sag and adjusted it to where we like our bikes, tire where is good, minimal uneven and it seems to be dependent on the track we're at, otherwise completely smooth, even wear.

CRs i think have enough going on, helping people ride better, i dont want to burden anyone with suspension tuning also.

So when will nesba have one of these suspension companies come out and do their thing at a track day.
ill pay a minimal fee, as im sure other will to get our trash sorted out and make our bikes feel like tits.

Im thinking of upgrading my suspension next season, but for now im convinced my stock setup is no where near its max potential, even with my lightweight ass on that ole bike.
So before i go dropping loot on suspension, i need a pro to help me expolit my current setup fully, that way if and when i do upgrade, i'll be going in the right direction and that fancy rear shock wont be for just blingage, but will actually help me out.

So when, where?
cmon, i need this, we need this, and dont tell me SED, because i cant make it out to VIR for the middle of the week thing.

Katie785

Buck, Lenny , and Todd did them at the Skills Enhancement days last year .. I'm not sure if they are going to do them there this year too, but I would assume so. That's one of the huge benefits of those days - Us CR's are pretty much your "bitches" for the day lol.. Just think about all the time we spend with B and doing A sessions- it's all gone and we focus solely on the I group (or B group for their day). It would probably be the best thing to do because we could work with you on the suspension, you can go play and test it out for a few laps with us and come back in with any changes or comments without worrying about loosing any track time since the track is yours for the day anyway

stephenjpauls

Come to a midwest event and have Marshall at TurnOne Racing (Mid West Vender) set it up for you. The guys at turn one do GREAT work! Last year I think they were charging $65.00 for a setup. They have done it for me twice (two bikes) and each time let me know what they are doing and why.

snikwad

You want me to drive all the way across the country for a trackday just to get my suspension setup. Lol, I'm sure there's an easier way.

Joe I'll see if I can meet up, you are on the east coast right.

toptaz1000rr

snick... i am thinking of going up to NH to louden to run a day up there.. or a whole weekend and get my race licence.. just to have it lol ..

i hear eric up there is pretty dam good with suspension shit too ..

let me kow if you got interest.. well trailer up .. i got space for you :)

stephenjpauls

snikwad;38152 wrote: You want me to drive all the way across the country for a trackday just to get my suspension setup. Lol, I'm sure there's an easier way.
Yes, I'm sure there is an easer way... but its a great way to check out a new track. I did Barber last year and it was a great experience. Anyway, it was just a suggestion.

snikwad

toptaz1000rr;38153 wrote: snick... i am thinking of going up to NH to louden to run a day up there.. or a whole weekend and get my race licence.. just to have it lol ..

i hear eric up there is pretty dam good with suspension shit too ..

let me kow if you got interest.. well trailer up .. i got space for you :)
naw, too far for me

Mike Moore

snikwad;38081 wrote:
... i need a pro to help me expolit my current setup fully

So when, where?
cmon, i need this, we need this, and dont tell me SED, because i cant make it out to VIR for the middle of the week thing.
A main component in getting your suspension set up correctly is information. I remember the first time I went to a great suspension guy and he asked me "what's the bike doing that you don't like" :notsure: I couldn't answer the question. After we set up the basics, (sounds like you have done that), he told me to ride the bike. When I got to a point in my riding that I could tell him what the bike was doing, he was able to show me what to do with my suspension. I have a pretty good DVD on the fundamentals, pm me and I be glad to shoot you a copy. Also be glad to help you at the track. I'm usually @ NJMP and Beave.

Joe Vital

absolutely agree, communication is the key. most people i talk to are worried they aren't using the right words. i tell them to just use what ever words they liekke and from there a useful lexicon can be developed.
hand gestures help immensley!

it is also very uselful to break the corner down into thirds: entry, mid-corner, and exit. then work on each one in sequence. entry or turn in first, the mid-corner, then exit.

of course this can only be done after establishing a baseline set up, correct sag, and static compression and rebound settings. from there your can adjust to suit the track conditions.

snikwad

my front feels great on entry mid and exit, but it does push wide a little over the really bumpy stuff on the streets, dont knwo if that should be factored in or not.

The rear sometimes feels underdamped, on entry and mid corner, but i think thats because im a featherweight with a stock rear shock thats designed to carry 2 bodies.

My front end is super communicative, i love it, between them pirelli tires and the forks i can feel exactly what the front is doing, i just dont like how it pushed wide on the bumpy stuff.

i have a Dave Moss DVD and i bought that book, suspension tuning technique for sportbikes or whatever its called.
The DVD is kinda vague, and the book is a tad confusing.

Im gonna service my 4 year old forks before the 1st TD, and reset the sag and damping rebound to what i liked, and hopefully this will cure the pushing, as i suspect the high speed damping is out the door sinc ei probably have sludge in my forks.