Tech Benefit

Fahad

Hi guys,
Can someone help me understand the details of the tech benefits that comes with the basic membership?

I am a newbie and was hoping it includes basic fix ups that maybe needed to get the bike ready for the track, in case it fails tech inspection

Also, do you know if I can buy the membership at the event directly if I am attending on "try the track day offer" for street riders

Thanks!

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Whether you're a member or not, coaches will work with you to help you get the bike ready for the track, depending on what needs done. The burden of responsibility ultimately rests on your shoulders though to be prepared for the track. Exceptions happen, and the N2 staff is fantastic for helping riders connect with other riders to get you what you need to pass tech, but please do everything you can to be prepared ahead of time.

Definitely would be worth the effort in going over the riders manual: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/N2-Riders-Manual-2019.pdf

Per the N2 Riders Manual regarding the Mechanical/ Crash benefit:
"N2 knows that you sign up to ride at the track, not to crash or break down. Be assured that if you crash or break down, you get a credit of your track day fee, based on the amount of unused track time for the day. If you crash or your bike breaks and it is determined un‐repairable* prior to lunch, you will be qualified for a 50% credit of the base event rate. If you were to crash or have mechanical problems after lunch, no credit will be issued for the remainder of the day. If you are signed up for multiple days and crash or have qualified mechanical problems, you will receive credit for the base rate of the remaining subsequent days. Credits should appear in your N2 account within two weeks and are good for one full calendar year from date of issue. To qualify, you must be a member, be pre‐registered for the event (registering at least 15 days before the event) and pass tech the morning of the event. Accidents/breakdowns must be reported to the event director the day of the event in order to qualify for the credit, no exceptions. *a bike will be determined to be un‐repairable (by any means) by the director in charge. "

Motofun352

Control Rider
Welcome to the forum and track days! As a novice rider basic bike preparation is fairly fundamental. The two things we see most at tech are chains that are too tight and missing numbers. These are easy to address, the chain should have plenty (about 2") of slop so as to prevent the swing arm from locking up when fully compressed. Numbers can be simple contrasting tape so that the corner workers can easily see them...black tape on a black windscreen won't cut it.
After that tape over everything like headlight lenses, tail lights, turn signals, mirrors...better yet, remove them if possible (not required). Please do remove the mirrors.
Tires are critical, make sure they are in good shape, at least 50% life left...more is better.
Fix any leaks..oil or anti freeze on the track is a critical safety issue....so make sure your oil filter, drain plug and fill cap are secured.
Safety gear, while not "the bike" are also very important for obvious reasons. A full face helmet (no modulars), full gauntlet gloves, race boots and full leathers are required...some of this available to rent if need be. Contact N2 staff for details.
Hope this helps. Like any sport, the more involved you get the more things come up and the more complex it can be. Don't sweat those issues, they will come up (or not) in the future. The first weekend is all about getting your feet on the ground, learning the protocols, and most importantly having fun.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
In regards to buying a membership at the event, you can buy a membership at any time. Process isn't any different if you buy before hand versus at the event, both will be done via the registration system. It is usually better to do as much as you can before you are at the event as there is usually a lot going on and depending on the facility internet access may be a challenge. Memberships are good for 12 months from date of purchase.

Fahad

Thanks guys for all the helpful responses, I will try my best to be as prepared as possible - I am really looking forward to meeting with all the fellow riders and enjoying my first track day!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Thanks guys for all the helpful responses, I will try my best to be as prepared as possible - I am really looking forward to meeting with all the fellow riders and enjoying my first track day!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
You're welcome. What event are you looking to attend as your 1st?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
The one coming up this weekend (11/19) at Road Atlanta
There will be plenty of people ready to lend a hand if you need something the morning of. Like Jack said, typically its little things that we catch that can be sorted out quickly. Ask the tire vendor what pressures you should run. Don't set to the PSI listed on the sidewall. 30/30 is a good place to start.