Tech early?

CBR-Los

I’m doing my first track day with N2, and the second track day of my life, this Saturday at NC Bike. I’m planning on setting up a pit/paddock area Friday night. If I get There early enough can I go through tech Friday?
Just curious since there will be a track day going on Friday.
Thanks

bmart

Control Rider
Don't go and do that. Tech is up to the mother ship and stickers etc. may all happen in the a.m, like normal. No worries. There will be plenty of time.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
You can certainly have someone look it over Friday but we do everything at once starting at 7am. Tech is only part of the process. We have to get you checked in and verify the waiver is signed and give you a wrist band. Its just easier for all involved to do an Assembly Line process so nothing gets missed.

CBR-Los

I think the bike will be fine. I have changed Nothing on it since passing tech at NJMP last month. I even left the tape on the lights!
But I like to over think and complicate things, so I’ll still have someone check it out.
Just in case.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I think the bike will be fine. I have changed Nothing on it since passing tech at NJMP last month. I even left the tape on the lights!
But I like to over think and complicate things, so I’ll still have someone check it out.
Just in case.
Chances are it’s fine, but as the rider you should not be counting on us to find issues, you should be check bolt torque, oil level, newness of brake fluid....... We do a high level review of a bike that anyone can do. There are many items we can’t check that you should have comfort that they are safe.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Just in case.
Absolutely. Actually, morning tech inspection is mandatory. Every day, even if it's a two-day event.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Since it's your first track day with N2, check out the Riders' Manual. Lots of great info: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/N2-Riders-Manual-2019.pdf

Registration & Tech (mandatory) are from 7 - 8 am, followed by a mandatory riders' meeting at 8:15. From there, Advanced group is released to get ready, and Intermediate and Novice groups are split up for some additional group-specific information.

We run 20 min sessions, the rotation is A (top of the hour), I (20 after the hour), N (40 after the hour).

Our Control Riders stop at pit in after each session to give pointers, they'll be in orange shirts.

Enjoy!