The politics of being bumped

rk97

^ very true. some of the best feedback i've ever gotten has been after 5:00 with a beer in my hand.

meganogin

I must admit, I am kind of proud of my "I" sticker. After running with some of the other orgs, where people pick their own level, especially. I realize "I" is still not the fastest group at nesba( by a long way), but "I" at a NESBA event seems to be alot faster than some of the other orgs. The sticker does not make me a better rider, or a better member, but it is always fun to improve.

Twiztedjester55

One problem with becoming freinds with all the CRs is you have to work harder to get your bump. I guess they don't want people thinking they bumped you because you're freinds with them, but it does make the bump feel that much more special when you really have to work for it and it also feels nice when you can go out in the next group and not be a backmarker.

ZLTFUL

That's why I always give the CRs warm beer and crash when I am around them. Keeps them from showing favoritism towards me.

Ron P

Twiztedjester55;141669 wrote: One problem with becoming freinds with all the CRs is you have to work harder to get your bump. I guess they don't want people thinking they bumped you because you're freinds with them, but it does make the bump feel that much more special when you really have to work for it and it also feels nice when you can go out in the next group and not be a backmarker.
That's okay. I don't mind waiting for the bump. It will come whenever I've proven myself. The good part about knowing them is they'll get a feel for my skills and put the feedback on a more personal level. And I've noticed that the CR's WILL follow up at the end of the day. Matt H helped me a few times one day and after the day was done, he told me he had watched me in subsequent sessions and gave up me updated feedback.

I wouldn't say I'm friends with the CR's but hopefully they'll know me enough to put a face to a bike.

Meat

On a side note, I have never thought any less of myself as a member because of the group I rode in and that is obvious by the people that have put what group they are in the entire time they have been with nesba. My group has always been in my auto-sig.

I just noticed a bunch of B-groupers with their group in their auto-sig and I think that is cool.

I also just started racing and have my level in that as well. I am racing just as hard as the experts my lap times just don't seem to show that. :)

daddyo

I've been in B for a long time now , and I dont have a problem with that. Although I dont agree with some of the bumps I've seen, but the vast majority were people that were slower than me but smoother and more consistant on the line.

The CR's dont owe you a reward for doing it right. You reap your own reward by being fast and safe in a dangerous situation. Thats the fun part.