Tips and unforeseen things for camping at a track

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Hi everyone. I'm hitting Homestead-Miami in January for the entire weekend and I've never stayed overnight at a track. What are somethings you wish you knew to bring or do your first time overnighting at a track?

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
God that would be nice... but unfortunately, i've got an 8 person tent. Grill, cooler, hot plate.... I'm not sure if there's power but i'll bring my DC/AC inverter. I can run a few low amperage things.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Homestead has power for rv's and bathrooms. They might have water too I can't remember, the entire infield is paved and I don't know if they allow tent camping, the do allow RVs and trailers. Plan on no food vendor so you're prepared and self sufficient, bring your own toiletries and some extra clothes. It does get chilly at night so you'll want to account for that with your sleeping arrangements. You'll probably want to bring a motorcycle too.

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
Homestead does not have showers on site.

You can rent campers from people in the area. They even come set it up for you, which is nice.

Look at weather before leaving, if there a chance of adverse weather, bring your rain boots, rain coat, umbrella, etc.
Don't forget sunscreen, tons of water and food, healthy light snacks, bug spray, sun glasses, ear plugs, power cords, etc.