Tire Selection for First Track Day

rk97

virtually perfect. The Sunday I rode with NESBA was 70 and sunny (but breezy), and this past weekend with WERA was probably a little warmer, and a little overcast the second day.

I was running 29/28 cold pressures, so I may have had them a little low and chewed through the tires faster than normal.

rk97

jcurtis;196973 wrote: So when is your first 'A' day?? :D
I'm trying to figure that out. I'm in two weddings this summer, and taking 3 classes... Maybe not until August, and likely on a track I've never seen before.

Trial by fire to say the least :wow:

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
rk97;196974 wrote: I'm trying to figure that out. I'm in two weddings this summer, and taking 3 classes... Maybe not until August, and likely on a track I've never seen before.

Trial by fire to say the least :wow:
Just make sure you let us know when it will be so we can properly welcome you to. :a::poorguy:

rugbymook

Control Rider
Race Director
jcurtis;196979 wrote: Just make sure you let us know when it will be so we can properly welcome you to. :a::poorguy:
:agree:

(and i'll actually take the orange shirt off and ride "A" pace with you!)

You did a great job out there and deserved the bump Chris!

rafterman18

I will be going to Blackhawk Farms this Sunday. I have ridden sportbikes on the street for the past few years. I have some track experience, but only in cars. I am probably a little more aggressive rider for a beginner but I plan to take it easy for first time on a track with a bike.

Mikey75702

rafterman18;198272 wrote: I will be going to Blackhawk Farms this Sunday. I have ridden sportbikes on the street for the past few years. I have some track experience, but only in cars. I am probably a little more aggressive rider for a beginner but I plan to take it easy for first time on a track with a bike.
Best advice I can give you is to go out there humble, don't be afraid to ask for advice.... the cr's are good people.