Tire tread b016s

vendige

Plenty of side just the very middle is worn right at wear bar, still has tread left though. I'm looking to do 2 track days in Oct. at VIR and then get new tires. Just wondering will they pass tech if the middle is worn (still safe to ride) and the 2+ inches on each side has plenty left.

Thanks

noobinacan

they're probably squared off a bit. if they are worn like that.
pick up some new tires. Fresh rubber is the best insurance on the track. just my 2 cents to you.

Gorecki

How many miles you got on those chief? I have a pair on my street and they have seen over 7k of street only miles and mine are wearing pretty evenly. Just curious?

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
You gotta ask about tires, just buy new tires. A new set of tires is SO much cheaper than a front end crash repairs.

Your front tire works the hardest under heavy braking. If you're down to or near the indicators anywhere, your at a point that's maybe compromising performance because the tire doesn't have the material (rubber) it needs to hold heat to perform.

You're trying to get away without buying tires until after the October track days. Why would you want to even consider going to an event at in an environment where you're going to push your machine and your abilities the most on half-ass tires?

That's like going to a wedding in a $1500 tux wearing a pair of Chuck Taylors your dog chewed up and pissed on.

Gorecki

D-Zum;211668 wrote:
That's like going to a wedding in a $1500 tux wearing a pair of Chuck Taylors your dog chewed up and pissed on.
Dude, the dog swears it was the cats doing! :D

eE jeremy

I'd buy a nice set of tires, squared off tires aren't the most confidence inspiring since you can feel the transition from the flat to round, makes the bike feel unstable. Besides what better time to put some better tires on then before a trackday.

Spitz

I would get new ones too, lot cheaper than a crash. Keep in mind how old your tires are too if they've lived on the street (couple years old, heat cycle few hundred times, who knows, only you do).. Keep in mind depending on the track the speed rating, dunno if i'd push a worn out tire to 170mph and find out its not going to handle the speed.