Total newbie for 2021

I just picked up a Ducati Monster 1200s . I am very excited to learn how to ride track with it. I have a ton of questions!!! lol..
I look forward to giving it a go next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Todd

Thanks Bmart!!
A very nice woman helped me on the website!!
it looks like I just need to buy a leather track suit, pack a lunch , and show up early ready to ride .
Do they sell food and drinks ?
Do they provide the tape to cover the lights , or bring my own?
Do they offer video analysis? Is this included in the price?
Can you purchase video of your laps ?
Are you allowed to go pro your own rides?
Thanks !!

Oh and .... here is the live walk around at the dealers:

BC1E1EDA-243D-416E-8D8B-4BC3AC03F08D.jpeg

Attachments

• 323ED441-1023-410F-8D78-3A60A8CA0B90.jpeg
    323ED441-1023-410F-8D78-3A60A8CA0B90.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 6
  • B691C011-0B7B-489A-B9A6-89F2EA84B4EE.jpeg
    B691C011-0B7B-489A-B9A6-89F2EA84B4EE.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 7

bmart

Control Rider
N2 has a lot of nice people. I hope to be one of them one day!

Correct. Buy good gear. Get used quality gear if $ is an issue. This can be an expensive sport, but it doesn't have to be. I have a few items for sale in the classifieds, as do others.

Some tracks have concessions stands, others do not, so you'll have to check at the time of the event. Best to plan for food/water for yourself, just in case. I bring a gallon of water per day.

While others will have tape and tools, you likely want to bring your own. N2 does not provide.

Many run cameras on the bikes (not allowed on helmets), and I'm sure that you could get your own or ask someone to follow you. It can be a useful tool at all levels.

It is absolutely worth looking at YouTube for races & N2 sessions for a track before you arrive. Also, a track walk with someone experienced is priceless.

Thanks so much !!! Great information!!
Tough for me to buy used I’m 5’3’’
I will definitely be getting a go pro to mount !!
So N2 doesn’t offer any type of video of your laps ?

bmart

Control Rider
No N2 video that I'm aware of. Guys/gals?

Look online for gear. It is that time of year. I have a 44 suit (too big for you) and 45 boots (likely too big), but Craigslist is your friend. Get familiar with search tempest.

bmart

Control Rider
I would not put any human in a brand of gear that wasn't proven to protect them. Stick to decent, well known brands for all of your gear. The good stuff can significantly minimize injury in an incident. The cheap (quality, not cost) stuff is frequently seen coming apart at the scene of an accident. Definitely not the place to cut cost.

Just found some solid , safe affordable options at Revzilla. What say ye?

Attachments

• 16598236-ACEF-4D4D-B0C3-4F4928F175AC.jpeg
    16598236-ACEF-4D4D-B0C3-4F4928F175AC.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 14
  • A35697CD-C4E8-4F01-9014-C5B1745ADE26.jpeg
    A35697CD-C4E8-4F01-9014-C5B1745ADE26.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 13

Motofun352

Control Rider
Looks OK to me. If you can go try it on that would be a plus. Also consider a back protector....Not required but I don't know anyone who doesn't use one. Also full gauntlet gloves. Many options there.

returns to Revzilla are so easy. It looks like I can get set up for a grand . Not too bad I guess, but, it’s adding up big time !! Like a huge money pit!!! Probably dropping 3 grand on gear and track time this year. Yikes!!! Add the down payment, and yearly payments, I’m going to be looking at 8 grand in ownership this year!! Ouch!!!!! The wife is not happy with me right now .
2-3 weeks until the bike arrives . I’m so psyched !!!

tdelegram

Control Rider
I usually try to run video when coaching, if I am around grab me and I’ll film some laps for you. We can go through the video end of day, I am usually fairly busy during the day with coaching, trying to get some laps in for myself, and also generally helping others as well as visiting with friends.

CBR-Los

Welcome Todd! Just my 2cents: don’t use a brand new, and expensive, bike as a first track bike. Especially if you’re on a budget.
I was like you at the beginning of this season and I’m glad I did not take a brand new bike to the track! Look at your options in the classified section here, on eBay and on Craigslist. You down payment on the Ducati could be enough to have you with a prepped and track ready bike!
Also, read the N2 riders manual to help you get an understanding or what’s required of you and your machine at an N2 track day!
Good luck and welcome aboard!

I usually try to run video when coaching, if I am around grab me and I’ll film some laps for you. We can go through the video end of day, I am usually fairly busy during the day with coaching, trying to get some laps in for myself, and also generally helping others as well as visiting with friends.
Thanks , I would really appreciate that!!! I do plan to have a GoPro on board, but would love to see a separate angle not from the bike . I’ll shoot you a PM you in the Spring so I know who to look for .