Total newbie for 2021

Welcome Todd! Just my 2cents: don’t use a brand new, and expensive, bike as a first track bike. Especially if you’re on a budget.
I was like you at the beginning of this season and I’m glad I did not take a brand new bike to the track! Look at your options in the classified section here, on eBay and on Craigslist. You down payment on the Ducati could be enough to have you with a prepped and track ready bike!
Also, read the N2 riders manual to help you get an understanding or what’s required of you and your machine at an N2 track day!
Good luck and welcome aboard!
Thanks very much !! I plan to buy a track bike in a few years , maybe a touch longer.
I’m officially broke , after buying my track gear!!!
This year is going to be brutally expensive for my bike. /hobby . 9-10 grand !!!
I will have to make due on the Ducati for a few years. I’ll take it slow and cautious on the track to start out. I am there to have fun, to learn and progress at my own speed .
I can’t wait !!! This has always been a dream of mine !! Soon , I’ll be taking laps on my dream motorcycle. Wow !!!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome, Todd! You will have a blast at the track and learn skills that also translate to safer street riding. It's a great sport!
Here's the link to the N2 Riders' Manual, because apparently it's my thing to post it, LOL https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/N2-Riders-Manual-2019.pdf

What tracks do you plan on riding? Hope to see you out there!

If you have any other questions, post up, we're all here to help, and we were all once where you are now!

Welcome, Todd! You will have a blast at the track and learn skills that also translate to safer street riding. It's a great sport!
Here's the link to the N2 Riders' Manual, because apparently it's my thing to post it, LOL https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/N2-Riders-Manual-2019.pdf

What tracks do you plan on riding? Hope to see you out there!

If you have any other questions, post up, we're all here to help, and we were all once where you are now!
Thanks !! I am sooo excited to ride a track!!! I will only be riding at the Pittsburgh location in Wampum Pa., 45 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh .

here is a stupid question: can you trade bikes with someone? Or can’t because of insurance?

Thanks for the warm welcome !!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks !! I am sooo excited to ride a track!!! I will only be riding at the Pittsburgh location in Wampum Pa., 45 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh .

here is a stupid question: can you trade bikes with someone? Or can’t because of insurance?

Thanks for the warm welcome !!

Great, it's one of the best tracks on the east coast! I'll be out there next season, look me up!

Not a stupid question, if you wanted to ride someone else's bike, that's fine, but it has to also go through tech inspection and get a sticker. As far as insurance, they typically don't cover any incidents on closed courses. You would need to check your policy. Many used to cover track days, only excluding racing/timed events. But more often than not, many no longer cover track days, even if you tell them it's an instructional day. Again, depends on your policy/state.

So, it would be up to the owners of the bike to be comfortable with it, with the understanding that you may have to reimburse them if you crash their bike. Between you and them.

Great to hear we have a sweet track here in Western Pennsylvania !!! Thanks for all the info and encouragement!!! You find me , lol I’m 5’3’’ with a red and gold Ducati Monster. I’ll shoot u a PM before the race day . Thanks !!!
Todd

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Great to hear we have a sweet track here in Western Pennsylvania !!! Thanks for all the info and encouragement!!! You find me , lol I’m 5’3’’ with a red and gold Ducati Monster. I’ll shoot u a PM before the race day . Thanks !!!
Todd

That Monster is sweet!! I always liked them! I used to have a '95 900 SS SP. Wish I'd kept it, but repairs/maintenance was a lot, and parts were getting hard to find.