Tracking out a new GSXR

Motofun352

Control Rider
I'll be tracking out a '13 GSXR 750. My question is, does anyone know if there is a guide to all the electrical functions that need to be defeated or jumpered out. I figure someone has gone through all the steps and maybe I could save some screw-ups. It has a mode selector that needs to be fixed into "A" mode, a stupid clutch switch that must be pulled to start the bike (probably take a relay of some sort to fool the ECU). I'm guessing all the lights can just be disconnected and taped up. The stock steering damper also has an electrical connection that will need to be removed, I don't know if that will interfere with the ECU either......Anyone done this before?
Thanks
Jack

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I don't know if they changed it, but on my 2007, the clutch switch needs to be left intact. Jumping the wires puts the ECU into some sort of limp or choke mode. I removed the left pod, cutting off all but the clutch switch wire.

Ruhe52

Ill find what you need you can wire a relay into the harness that lets you bag the clutch with. Are you looking to make it keyless as well I could just wire up plug ins for both. Kick stand jumper it. Are you ditching the servo for the exhaust? What are you looking to do?

Been there done that so ask away.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Ruhe52;290103 wrote: Ill find what you need you can wire a relay into the harness that lets you bag the clutch with. Are you looking to make it keyless as well I could just wire up plug ins for both. Kick stand jumper it. Are you ditching the servo for the exhaust? What are you looking to do?

Been there done that so ask away.
Eliminate the clutch switch, stock steering damper, exhaust servo, side stand switch, Lock mode switch into "A", Install PCV and quickshifter, Probably keep the key....not sure if I need a TRE....and all the lights,horn, turn signals of course. I think I'll keep the fan as my last GSXR would boil over just idling back to the pits on a hot day.
Thanks for any help.
Jack

Lonewrench

Jack
Getting with Ruhe is a good thing,his GSXR is the finest one we have ever had in our shop. It's 100% proper all the way perfect piece.

noobinacan

Motofun352;290183 wrote: Eliminate the clutch switch, stock steering damper, exhaust servo, side stand switch, Lock mode switch into "A", Install PCV and quickshifter, Probably keep the key....not sure if I need a TRE....and all the lights,horn, turn signals of course. I think I'll keep the fan as my last GSXR would boil over just idling back to the pits on a hot day.
Thanks for any help.
Jack
I'm sure you know, but you cannot eliminate the clutch switch, it will lead to limp mode. (unless you're doing it correctly...there's a way to do it)

you can remove the light/horn switch on the left easily enough. Trace the clutch switch wires, remove all others from the connector and keep the clutch switch wires.

Removed the fan, about 185 on the track and 205 by the time I get to the pits.

bmrboy

Lonewrench;291007 wrote: Jack
Getting with Ruhe is a good thing,his GSXR is the finest one we have ever had in our shop. It's 100% proper all the way perfect piece.
This is the best piece of advice you'll get ...... Ruhe's bike is totally proper , in every form !!!
I purchased a 2011 750 myself under the guidance of Mr. Charles & M. Ruhe very nice bike ....

As far as elimination of certain components , lighting was a breeze , simply unplug and remove harness
Steering dampener , not sure.... maybe a jumper wire will work , other wise you will get F-1 code ..
Exhaust flapper valve ... mine was already removed , and ECU had been flashed so that code was most likely removed
side stand switch , I'm sure a wire connecting the leads will work .
Personally I would leave the clutch switch , safety thing ....

If you really have big concerns , consult Mike & Chuck , they KNOW what their doing .... They have helped me in the past
and I'm sure they will help you too !!! Good luck with your build ... :D

Ruhe52

So for the clutch switch just leave it unless you do something like a CRG GP clutch lever and perch. If you really want to chuck it I can send a wiring diagram on how to get rid of it.
Of course you must get in the practice of never leaving it in gear on the stands or always pull clutch on start.

Would also adjust the slipper but I leave that to Chuck because it is his secret recipe and I wouldn't tell if you water boarded me.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I wonder if I can prepackage my bike up in one of those Post Office prepaid shipping boxes and send it from PA to GA??? :rolleyes:

Ruhe52

Do stuff that makes it easier to ride so comfort and ergonomics, suspension. Then do stuff that makes it easier to work on and maintain as that will lead to it being easy to go over after every day you put it on the track and that way it is tip top everytime you toss a leg over it. Knowing your bike is set up proper and care has been taken to make sure it is safe takes one distraction out of the equation.

Oh and some of the engine work we are planning for it and the spare will not hurt either ehhhh Chucky?????

Good luck with the build feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Jack,
Just wondering how this project is going or are you waiting for a later date for updates. Thanks Bro

Motofun352

Control Rider
Had a few unplanned diversions during the rebuild. First I was missing a part on the Brembo MC I was planning on using, then discovered the Brembo doesn't fit on the stock clip-ons so I had to order an aftermarket clipon. I'm in a "dispute" with a PC-V I bought through Paypal so that needs to be resolved before I proceed with that......My plans to get it ready for Barber are quickly turning to sh*t....:(

I could run the stock ECU though I'm sure how that would respond to the Akrapovic exhaust with a BMC air filter...Last thing I want do is have the new bike run too lean....

noobinacan

Motofun352;292468 wrote: Had a few unplanned diversions during the rebuild. First I was missing a part on the Brembo MC I was planning on using, then discovered the Brembo doesn't fit on the stock clip-ons so I had to order an aftermarket clipon. I'm in a "dispute" with a PC-V I bought through Paypal so that needs to be resolved before I proceed with that......My plans to get it ready for Barber are quickly turning to sh*t....:(

I could run the stock ECU though I'm sure how that would respond to the Akrapovic exhaust with a BMC air filter...Last thing I want do is have the new bike run too lean....
I have one of these in mine...
http://www.flash-tune.com/

know this, the bike will run well enough if you get say a full yoshi tune from flash-tune ECU above.
down the road, you can always get a self mapper/tuner.

but also
Dyno maps IMO are obsolete, they will never recreate the real map with air box pressure, intake air, ambient air temp etc while the bike's going down a straight.

To get the most out of your bike...the perfect thing to do would be have a map for the cooler morning, and have a map for a warmer afternoon via self mapper.

but Dyno map is good enough to get by.