Tuners in Eastern PA

Dom17

Intermediate Intermediate
I am looking for a reputable tuner in eastern PA. I have a 2009 daytona 675. I have made numerous calls around and everyone is only comfortable tuning using PC software. I am worried that I will buy a PCV, take it to be tuned, have them load the same tune I currently have on the bike (20596Map.hex OEM) move some numbers and call it a "custom" tune.

I currently have a GPR slip on and I am going to install a BMC race filter. I have some flat spots around 10k at WOT. I feel like my bike is down on power but I have not had a dyno run yet.

Does anyone know of any tuners in the tri state area that know how to use tune ecu? The 2009-2012 triumphs have an unlocked ECU and there is a free software which has a ton of capability including controlling all injectors (I am looking at you PCV), ignition tables, AF ratio, Exup valve timing, intake flap timing, cooling fan parameters, map editing and more. I was hoping I could find someone who can use tune ecu and not have to buy a separate fuel controller. I will buy a PC if I have to.

If anyone has a suggestion for someone I should contact I would appreciate it!
Thanks!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I personally have no experience with anybody in Eastern PA. My bikes were all tuned by livengood out in Atlanta. That being said, I would be surprised if ANY reputable tuner (not HD tuner, but sport bike tuner that is accustomed to dealing with race bikes) would simply do a half-a$$ed minor adjustment to somebody elses map and call it a tune. The other point is that while I can't say for sure, some of the aftermarket controllers have more granular flexibility in fuel mapping than the ECU of many bikes. Two of my bikes have both ECU flashing, which included ignition timing, etc - along with separate fuel controllers.

mpusch

Micah
Hordpower in Ohio. I realize that's not eastern PA, but he is very fluent with TuneEcu. Spare you the cost of buying a power commander, plus it's a better system.

He tuned my 07 675.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'd go with Micah's suggestion for the 675, since he's got one and has a positive review of the place in Ohio.

Anything else, Karn's or Washington like John said. I've had bikes set up or worked on by both shops and both were and have been honest to the point that they talked me
out of parts and services that would have cost me more and made them more money. They are more concerned with doing the right thing for my needs as a Customer, than their bottom line.

And that will keep me coming back to them time and again.

Dom17

I'd go with Micah's suggestion for the 675, since he's got one and has a positive review of the place in Ohio.

Anything else, Karn's or Washington like John said. I've had bikes set up or worked on by both shops and both were and have been honest to the point that they talked me
out of parts and services that would have cost me more and made them more money. They are more concerned with doing the right thing for my needs as a Customer, than their bottom line.

And that will keep me coming back to them time and again.
I really appreciate the insight guys. I think I am going to look into Washington cycle works as I havr heard good things about them and they are only an hour away. I might cave and get a PCV. I'll retain the ability to edit tune ecu parameters like fans and exup valves and the fuel controller can controll the injectors. Hopefully I'll be posting dyno graphs soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

andykurz

Karns and WCW as mentioned before and Bauce Racing in Jersey and Speedwerks in DE. None of those guys are going to put the base power commander tune in and run it out the door. They would lose their businesses pretty quick. Tuners know that there is no one size fits all tune that works perfect for all bikes. Call them and see what you think. Consider also whether you will want a race fuel map as well. You should also give some thought to maintenance items: valve adjustment, plugs, etc. before tuning. Only you know where you are in that cycle but your equipment needs to be tip top to get the best out of a custom tune.

Many of them will explain the tune and some of the adjustments they made and the science behind it if you ask.

Dom17

I was going to replace the cam chain (15k miles and the CCT is on its last notch wtf) and do a valve check. Last check was at 12k and everything was dead center on tolerances. Do you think the stretch in the chain would be enough to change the timing by a 100th of a degree to change the tune? I will not have time to take stuff apart till this winter. I can get it tuned next spring. Just looking for opinions. I will call WCW and see what they have to say about it as well.

Edit: I intend to deliver the bike to the tuner with a fresh air filter and plugs, I appreciate the advice.

Last edited: