Vanson Leathers and Back Protector Question

potratz

Ok I am curious what you guys do that ride the track a lot.

I have 2 pc Vanson leathers with the hard shell ribbed back protector built/inserted into my Vanson jacket so would you also wear something like a Knox or Bohn back protector with chest to in addition to the Vanson protector or instead of?

So to sum it up...two protectors or is the vanson enough or dump the vanson and go with a knox or other.

Thanks,

Paul

Folly1

Paul,

The bohn is so much better. I used one like the vanson until a friend high-sided with an impact sufficient to emboss the outside of his leathers with his bohn. I am sure he would have had a broken shoulder blade had he been using my back protector. I ordered the bohn the next day.
Alpine Stars makes a combo that zips up and provides both front and back protection. This has gotten good reviews from two CRs, though they have not crash tested it, it looks good.

Ben

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I removed the hard-plated Vanson back protector that came in my one-piece suit and I wear a Knox contour instead. Haven't looked into a chest protector...yet. My suit wasn't sized to accomodate one.

jcrich

I have a Vanson 1 piece custom with the hard back protector. After my crash at Barber last year, I was glad I had it. I have a Bohn chest protector. It fits fine with the Vanson back protector. It is a little weird at first, but I do not even notice it now.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Have a Vanson 1 piece as well. Took out the back protector and use a Bohn Pro Racer and Impact Armor chest protector. Both have been crash tested a couple of times and held up well and protected me without injury.