Videos from NJMP 8/7-8/9

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Hey guys. I have all 7 Intermediate session from Friday 8/7/9 as well as all Advanced sessions on 8/8/9 and 8/9/9 (got the bump after Friday) here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nesba864

Not sure if you're in any of them, but if you do find yourself and want a copy of the video, I can hook you up. As I cut the rest of the vids up they will show up on my youtube channel. If you subscribe to it, you'll automatically get notified so you don't have to keep checking.

The camera is a GoPro Hero Wide.

Had a blast. See you all at Summit Main.

-Scott-

bigprfed22

Hey i should be in some of those on the 7th, white black zx 10 # 21. You and i were trailing each other for a while. That is a mean lean you have by the way:adore:

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Thanks man. It just sorta happened over the last 3 months. Really weird how things progress sometimes. One of the Keith Code instructors changed my world at Summit Main back in July.

Anyway, regarding the videos, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you. I just sorted them out now. Will probably get to edit them tomorrow into "youtubable" clips.

Stay tuned...

DesmoLin

nice scott! glad to hear you got the bump! too bad i crashed out so early on friday i didn't end up in any of your videos...next time.

NoBull

There should be a little of me as you rolled by me on Saturday in various sessions. I was on a maroon 750 with white leathers and NOBULL on the back.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
ridelater;76122 wrote: i know you passed me on saturday so give the brew crew some love
I remember you from thunderbolt last year when we were both in Intermediate. Definitely have video of you! Will hook it up shortly

ScottLevy

Control Rider
DesmoLin;76019 wrote: nice scott! glad to hear you got the bump! too bad i crashed out so early on friday i didn't end up in any of your videos...next time.
I probably have about a lap or 2 of you and JT pullin away from me as I was breakin in the new rubber for the first 2 sessions.

Sorry again about the crash man! Hope you get that pieced back together. Good seein ya though.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
NoBull;76145 wrote: 2 sessions to scrub in a set of tires? I would say 2-3 laps...
Ah I mean laps. I knew that didn't make much sense. I went with the GPA soft/med on the rear and burned through it in a day and a half. Had to flip it for Sunday. Switching back to the med/hard next time as that got me through 8 days. Granted I wasn't running nearly as hard prior to end of July, but I would think it should last a little longer than the soft/med...

NoBull

I didn't realize we had a choice of compounds with the GP-A's. I just bought a set and didn't specify compound to Moon. Wonder what I got. How can I tell?

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Great question. Don't get burned like I did :) Moon sells only the med/hard compound, or the "medium" compound rear as he refers to them. He says they go by the softer of the two compounds for the name ie: soft/med is a "soft" rear and a med/hard is a "medium" rear in case you care to know. He sells them for $370 as last I heard, but if you take the Keith Code Superbike School, they run a deal for the same tires, your choice of a soft or med rear, for $250 - and they let you get 2 sets at that price. I unfortunately thought I had a soft rear from Moon the first time so that's what I ordered, but from now on I'm goin with the medium.

I suppose that all this comes down to - you have a medium rear :)

Oh and I was running the bottom end chicken hawk warmers and 23-24psi in the rear and 31 in the front off the warmers and comin off the track around 26.5psi in the rear and about 33 in the front.

Billsv/R6

congrats on the bump. you were flying out there friday. i have some vid of you i'll post up later were you past me clean but the corner worker said something about it.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Thanks Bill!

I didn't know you were shooting. I'd love to see that pass from your perspective. I was pretty sure we weren't turned into 5 yet. I guess the corner worker had a different perspective.

I probably have a bunch of footage of you too. Will let you know.

NoBull

Thanks for the explanation of the tire compounds.

Based on what I saw out there on Saturday I think you were running somewhere around the 12's so definitely a good pace.

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Anytime!

I had a lap timer, but it wasn't working. I didn't think there was a beacon out. How were you judging? Just wondering.

Kind of makes me want to buy a beacon and bring it to all track days. Worst case, someone has one and we do split timings or something - that'd be cool. Either that or buy a Starlane Digital Dash with the GPS lap timer. Thing's insane :)

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Les had a beacon out there, but in one case it was down between the guardrails or the batteries were low in another. NoBull uses a GPS timer so no beacon was necessary. Having the lap time is nice, but going through the whole track in the software is invaluable.

NoBull

Like Jim said I have a Starlane GPS-R laptimer. I'm really starting to like that thing. We download data to a laptop throughout the day and compare speed in the various turns. It really helps a lot. You may be out there with somebody faster than you but since you can't hang you only get a closeup of the speed difference in 2-3 turns max. After that you're not close enough to judge the speed difference.

We put my timer on Jim's bike and I was able to see how much time I was losing in 2,3 and 7. That helped me take 4 seconds of my laptimes in just a couple of sessions. Jim in turn was able to see he was losing a little speed in T5 and 6 and was able to take a couple of seconds of his laptimes. You can also see where you are accelerating and where you are decelerating and how fast you are losing/gaining speed. So where you think you might be wide open through a kink or something it actually turns out you are not gaining a lot of speed or maybe even losing speed. Your true topspeed down the straights is eyeopening as well. My speedometer was showing over 170 at Lightning but the laptimer/sw was telling me 140-143.

The key to success though is to get data from somebody who's faster than you so you can compare. Most people won't mind putting the timer on for a session to get you that data because it will allow them to see some data as well. Or if you know somebody else with the same laptimer you can exchange datafiles. I was actually going to open a thread here on the board asking for people with this laptimer and if they want to exchange datafiles. Seems like a good way of getting some free "education".