WERA Tech / Pitt Race 6/3

ar556

Any WERA racers going to be at Pitt Race this Sunday and willing to point out what additional wiring I need to do on my bike to pass tech? I just took the race school on 5/19 and plan to do the sprint races on Father’s Day. I’m already wired to the specs for A with N2 and a bit beyond, but I know there’s more I’ll need to do before the races. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Any WERA racers going to be at Pitt Race this Sunday and willing to point out what additional wiring I need to do on my bike to pass tech? I just took the race school on 5/19 and plan to do the sprint races on Father’s Day. I’m already wired to the specs for A with N2 and a bit beyond, but I know there’s more I’ll need to do before the races. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy,

Sure. We plan to be on top of the hill by the event center/flagpole. Stop up and see either me or Kenny (Mannix). In general, you're going to need to safety wire (to start with):
  • Caliper mount bolts
  • Axle Nuts
  • Front axle pinch bolts
  • Exhaust can
  • Pretty much any fluid opening (oil filter, drain, fill, dipstick, rad cap)
You can use a dab of RTV on stuff like coolant drain bolt, etc.

WERA is completely different from CCS, MotoAmerica, N2, Evolve.......... They must own stock in safety wire manufacturers. :)

ar556

Andy,

Sure. We plan to be on top of the hill by the event center/flagpole. Stop up and see either me or Kenny (Mannix). In general, you're going to need to safety wire (to start with):
  • Caliper mount bolts
  • Axle Nuts
  • Front axle pinch bolts
  • Exhaust can
  • Pretty much any fluid opening (oil filter, drain, fill, dipstick, rad cap)
You can use a dab of RTV on stuff like coolant drain bolt, etc.

WERA is completely different from CCS, MotoAmerica, N2, Evolve.......... They must own stock in safety wire manufacturers. :)

Awesome, thanks! I'll look you guys up on Sunday.

Yeah, the rulebook / tech form lists a few things (some of which I don't think apply to all bikes) that seem like they would be difficult if not impossible to get wire on also (fork drains?). I have all my fluid drains/fills and oil filter covered as well as pinch bolts, but I'm a little unsure of how to handle the axle itself, particularly on the side where it sits flush in the fork bottom.