What is the oldest tire you would ride on the track with?

Blaise

Simple... as the title says. If you were to buy an unused set of tires... what's the oldest they could be on the sidewall for you to consider them safe to ride?

JVance

More important would be how it was stored. Since you probably don't know...If the tire is new, from a reputable source and there are no signs of oxidation I probably wouldn't care as long it was with-in the last couple of years. I'd say most tires are close to 12 months old by the time we get them. I don't know that is just a guess. I never look for the mfg date.

beac83

From an unknown source, I'll use (ride on) tires no more than 2 years (104 weeks) from date of manufacture at the track. From a trusted source that practices good storage technique, I'd probably go some number of weeks more, if they were on my bike before 104 weeks after date of mfr. I wouldn't want to suffer unanticipated tread separation in a hot corner at the track.

A set of new fresh tires with mount and balance at the track is a lot cheaper than a trip to the emergency room after an off.

In some parts of the EU, it's not allowed to sell tires for any vehicle that are more than 104 weeks after manufacture.

I'm likely more conservative than many in this, but at my age, I don't bounce (or heal) as easily as I used to.