What tires are sold at NESBA Track Days now?

KurtH

Hey, was searching around a little, trying to figure out what tires are sold at the track tehse days. Will
be at Barber in a few weeks, need to figure out my tire strategy :)

Thanks,

Kurt

stow

Pretty much anything you want. Call Chuck to get pricing and pre-order your tires.

Performance Cycle Worx
2845 Holly Springs Parkway
Holly Springs, GA 30115
Phone: (770) 479-0044
Fax: (770) 479-0055
Email: chuck@performancecycleworx.com

DUNLOP-RTS

stow;236692 wrote: Pretty much anything you want. Call Chuck to get pricing and pre-order your tires.

Performance Cycle Worx
2845 Holly Springs Parkway
Holly Springs, GA 30115
Phone: (770) 479-0044
Fax: (770) 479-0055
Email: chuck@performancecycleworx.com
IF you want tires trackside, Chuck at Performance Cycle Worx is the man.

If you want to have your tires ahead of time your tire ahead of time you can mail order them.

Call us for tech or ordering advice, 800-772-8473

KurtH

Thanks! Will decide today whether I want to mount them before coming down or get some there.

stow

KurtH;236948 wrote: Thanks! Will decide today whether I want to mount them before coming down or get some there.
Just note if you buy them from Chuck at the track, he will mount them for free.

BrokenSafety

KurtH;236948 wrote: Thanks! Will decide today whether I want to mount them before coming down or get some there.
I think Chuck also offers shipping or have him bring them (save on shipping) and he is typically open for business the night before the event. Win / Win.

If you get them from someone else there is a mounting fee. Don't blame anyone for that.

Chuck seems to be pretty knowledgeable on tires and for someone in the AMA paddock working with the Wolverine, he seems to relate to trackday folks very well. He tells you how it is without you feeling you were "sold" to like a peasant (ignorant, rude, or unsophisticated person; a person of low social status) trackday rider.

R6_Fred

Quick question on putting on new tires at the track before a track day: as a beginner, I've been told (by my local tire dealer), to take it easy for the first 200 miles on new tires because of some slick coating they put on them. How does that affect my day at the track? Of course 200 miles of granny riding is probably the equivalent of 1 track session, but will I have to take it easy just on the first session or throughout the whole day?

betarace

R6_Fred;245204 wrote: Quick question on putting on new tires at the track before a track day: as a beginner, I've been told (by my local tire dealer), to take it easy for the first 200 miles on new tires because of some slick coating they put on them. How does that affect my day at the track? Of course 200 miles of granny riding is probably the equivalent of 1 track session, but will I have to take it easy just on the first session or throughout the whole day?
the "slick coating" used to be called mold release compound, but modern tires dont have this any more. What is important is to properly warm them.

see this article from Pirelli
http://www.sportrider.com/tips/146_0810_how_to_warm_up_new_tires/viewall.html

R6_Fred

Fantastic article... thanks! Makes me feel much better about getting new tires at the track. Warming the tires goes without saying, whether it's old or new tires, right? So I always take the first session easy anyway.

bibmen

Bob Blandford has Michelins in stock and can set you up. Give me a shout or PM me with any questions