Who's planning on Thunderbolt 11/05/12

SGT-CHAOS

Yeah, tire warmers, sweaters, umbrellas and some nice indoor hot tub or pool for after. Don't worry, I might see you out there again, will have the bike ready by then. I spoke to Caba about the video, he's a little technically challenged so he's working on putting them up so that you can see them. But I will be there making some type of camp fire to stay warm.

The Sergeant-

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
If you don't currently have tire warmers, don't buy them thinking they will help in the colder temperatures, they won't. Once the warmers are removed, the cold pavement will suck heat out of your tires. That is something to keep in mind when riding in the fall - even with warmers, you're going to have to take a couple of easy laps to ensure your tires come up to temp. Accelerating and braking flexes the carcass and brings heat into the tires. Weaving back and forth does nothing and is dangerous, just as an fyi.

As for clothes, Under Armour cold gear and/or a nylon windshirt under the leathers help. Not much more will fit under properly fitting leathers. You can wear a jacket over your leathers. Sometimes just blocking the wind with a waterproof rain jacket helps, as it's not bulky.

Fall riding can be fun, but the grip won't be the same as on a hot summer day.

:agree:

I run warmers, but mainly because race tires are the only thing avaliable for the TZ ( makes sence as its a race only bike).

Anyway, we haven't met Sgt, but I might come out one last time. I am on the fence and it would be very last minute.

Have fun and be safe if I dont see you this year.

BZ

GriffinD

I might sign up for that day as well but, like Bubba said, it'll definitely be a last minute decision.

Two things I will be doing if I sign up are:

A) getting a garage
B) bringing a mini space heater

:nutkick:

tdelegram

Control Rider
Game day decision for sure, I'll be checking the weather as we get within 10 day's. Speed Triple, if I go it would be nice to see another austrian twin there!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Point to mention: Game day/Game time decisions can lead to the event being cancelled. At a specific point in time..X days out from an event, a choice by NESBA's directors needs to be made based on how many riders sign up if it is worth it to run the event.

Note the BeaverRun cancellation earlier this August. It was unfortunate that that weekend was a double booked weekend and the Fundraiser trumped Beaver's dates.

Now, I'm also the Pot talking to the Kettle here. I'm already signed up for Barber the following weekend. I would kind of like to do both weekends, but I don't know if I can get away for both between family and work (gotta pay for all this shit somehow).

That being said, if I do come up there, most of you know my toy hauler. I'll have the heat on, so if you need to warm up, stop by for a visit. I may even have some hot chocolate packets in the kitchen cabinets and a bag of marshmallows because those packets NEVER EVER EVER come with enough fucking marshmallows.

And I agree about the Judy section to this forum. My Buddy gives more advise than Ann Landers. We need a "Ask Judy" forum...call it "WWJD" - What Would Judy Do? (She's gonna punch me for this, but it'll be worth the pain).

:D

andykurz

A little off topic, but I'm there for the 4th. Actually the 3rd too with another group who shall go un-named but shares membership reciprocity with NESBA.

Hoping for good weather!

erichmond

In for Sunday the 4th. Love that Lightning track! Glad you got the bike back together, Andy! (or at least will have it back together soon)

andykurz

Ed, the bike is all good to go - thanks man! Have you ridden with Absolute before? On Saturday, they are running Thunderbolt and will honor your NESBA membership.

Last days of the year :(

erichmond

I rode with Absolute twice this year, once in April and just recently on 9/29. I'd love to be able to do both the 3rd and 4th (and 5th, too) but not really in the budget since I'll be riding the next three weekends with another track day org (whose name shall not be mentioned herein). Looks like 11/4 will be my last for the season, too, but I can't complain - that'll make 17 track days for me this year! Time to plan for those off-season upgrades and break out the skis! Not to mention checking the NESBA website every day for that 2013 schedule:)

CBRtist

D-Zum;257305 wrote: We need a "Ask Judy" forum...call it "WWJD" - What Would Judy Do? (She's gonna punch me for this, but it'll be worth the pain).
:agree: Then she'll need to punch me too :p

I may ride 11/5 :dunno: waiting on factors beyond my control that don't involve temp.

LeMisVH

Oh so tempting! I had said to myself that October was the end for me, but now this is making me think of the 4th!