Will this pass tech?

Schreck

Getting ready for track season and converting the bike to track only. After removing the license plate bracket and fender, the studs on the bottom of the muffler are exposed. They are welded in place and aren't removable. Will it pass tech?

I don't want to cut them off since that would prevent reattaching the fender and license plate in the future. The options I see are:

1. It passes tech
2. Add acorn nuts to the end of the studs
3. Cut them off (prefer not to do this, see above)
4. Replace muffler with slip on (Would like to avoid this also. I kinda like a quiet bike. Plus the money could be used for tires and track time.)

Thanks for your help.
Cropped_IMG_4328.JPG
Cropped_IMG_4327.JPG

Motofun352

Control Rider
I think I would cover them up with a thick sheet of plastic as a spacer and those acorn nuts. If you were to get tangled up with the rear wheel in a get-0ff those spikes would do a lot of damage.

bmart

Control Rider
Something on the ends to lessen the likelihood of an injury makes sense Acorn nut with Lock-Tite sounds like a good cheap option. Get something that won't rust.

Schreck

Thank you everyone for the input. I think I'll just bite the bullet and cut them off. The talk of get-off injuries and flying nuts has changed my mind.