Yamaha Recalls 54000 YZF-R6 Motorcycles

Gorecki

Snagged from MotorcycleUSA.com. Not sure how many of you still have reflectors on an R6...but anyway. :D

The NHTSA announced that Yamaha would be recalling 54,000 YZF-R6s due to the front reflector being in the wrong position.

The reports states that the “motorcycle’s front side reflector was not placed at the proper height which fails to comply with the requirements of federal motor vehicle safety standard No. 108: Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment.”

The NHTSA says that the visibility of the motorcycle is decreased, “possibly increasing the risk of a crash,” and as a result Yamaha is now fixing all 54,000 machines at no cost to the owner.

Yamaha has released recall information to its dealers and owners of the affected motorcycles, which were produced from August 2005 to March 2010. The recall is expected to begin August 11th.

More information can be obtained by calling Yamaha at 1-800-962-7926 or the NHTSA’s safety hotline at 1-888-327-4236. The NHTSA is also accessible online: www.safercar.gov

Gorecki

HondaGalToo;145495 wrote: You still have the reflector on your bike? LOL!
All humor aside, as I understand it, you can't get a used street bike to pass a Maryland inspection with out them. :doh:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Gorecki;145501 wrote: All humor aside, as I understand it, you can't get a used street bike to pass a Maryland inspection with out them. :doh:
I hear ya. In NJ they'll fail you for no white light on your plate, a tinted shield on your helmet, and for not having 4 sq inches of reflective crap on your helmet, just to name a few. That is, until they did away with NJ motorcycle inspections as of Aug. 1st this year. Now we'll probably get pulled over more often for bs. Everyone got a letter saying to remove inspection AND registration stickers from your plate. Of course, someone already got pulled over for not having the stickers. Figures. Now I gotta find that letter and carry it with me.

Gorecki

WOW, what point is there in removing the stickers? Yeah...find that letter!

Figures, elected officials decision making. What better place in the country to fail upward. :rolleyes: