YCRS at Inde!

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Hey everyone,

I just got back from Inde Motorsports Ranch this past weekend with YCRS. I was there as a guest instructor for the 2 day event, then stayed an extra day to receive some 1:1 coaching from Chris Peris.

Let me first start by saying that it was one crazy weekend! We were hit by just about every type of miserable weather you could think of for riding a motorcycle. Cold, rain, snow, sleet, fog...but despite this we were able to put together a really good event and the group came away with a wealth of knowledge. We had a great group there ranging from returning riders to test engineers from Bosch to N2 members and Directors.

Inde Motorsports Ranch is an amazing location and I highly recommend getting out there if you can. It's a phenomenal track and the facilities are top notch! We worked on body position, trail-braking, slowest point of the corner, fitness, mental focus, visualization and a LOT more. Even considering the unpredictable weather conditions we were still able to put together a great 2 days for the attendees. I decided to stay on for a 3rd day and worked with Chris Peris individually. This is another service he offers and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for more personalized and focused instruction. We had an awesome 3rd day and I came away with some great feedback and things I needed to work on.

I know we talk a lot about YCRS and preach a lot of what they teach, but there is a reason for it, and this past weekend was just another example of what an amazing school it is. And the fact that we have so many of our staff and directors attending the school as students and guest instructors means that we will be better enabled to help all of our members become faster, safer riders too!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Here's a clip of what is was like on track. We had to keep wiping our face shields (as well as the camera).

https://www.facebook.com/david.hirsch.925/videos/10154420775089119/

It was the ultimate lesson in 100 points of grip and not a single person fell down for the entire school! The Inde Motorsports Ranch is a truly unique place and the track is completely ours to use as an instructional tool. On track demonstrations, riding side-by-side in cars with real-time feedback are all part of the menu. Smooth acceleration, braking (and trail braking) are all important whether riding on 2 wheels or 4. I had three students in my car (one of which was Brian Wendl) and we'd each take turns driving around this 21 turn, 2.7-mile track all awhile honing driving skill.

Little side story: At one point doing laps in the car, we were passed by a McLaren P1 like we were in reverse; yup, no joke. I cut Brian loose to turn laps in his Camaro SS rental and realized Mark Schultz had missed out on a few laps. Turns out it was the track general manager (John) driving the McLaren. Feeling that Mark was slighted, I asked John to take him in the P1 - and so they turned hot laps for about 20 minutes! Mark could not stop smiling for the remainder of the school.

Rule #5 - You get what you need

I had a blast in November at Inde. The first day it rained all morning , so we got in the cars. Rain turned to snow. How fun was it to have Nick telling me to drive it this way and that with the windshield wipers on and pushing a rental car to its limits. After lunch, the rain and snow stopped and we switched to bikes. The car to bike way is a great way to learn a track , especially with someone who already knows the track. The odd weather in at Inde seems to be a regular thing now. At first I was concerned the 2 days were going to be bad due to the weather, however, it only added to the learning experience! The only "problem" now is, I need a sports car!

03bueller

Control Rider
I had a blast out there!!! Big thanks to Rob and AJ for coming out and helping us to go faster, safer!! Now to get out there and put it all together :)