you can buy a moto2 GP bike

noobinacan

You can buy a Kalex or FTR ?moto2 bike for 150 G's and be a hero.
read the PB article this month about it...and how its similar yet a world apart from a cbr600rr.

Got me thinking...short of the epic chassis.
you could tear down a cbr600rr and build it...as close to moto2 as possible.
Squeeze 135hp from it...and go!

http://youtu.be/4B7LMAZBHxg

Gorecki

What's up with the barcode sticker on the wind screen, that like a pit pass of sorts or a price tag?

booboo1

Thought the video said 65g's. Man the frame and triples etc. HOT. Love all that track stuff. To bad I ain't fast enough to ride it right. :doh:

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
I know a great engine tuner that can get you that power out of a 600 for less than a tenth of that. If I made millions a year, it would be cool to say I had one otherwise, most can't ride what we got to their full potential.

noobinacan

that's 70GBP ...
but yes, it is actually 115k.

Doesn't matter...both price tags are unaffordable for most of us mortals. haha.

slow_honda;204685 wrote: I know a great engine tuner that can get you that power out of a 600 for less than a tenth of that. If I made millions a year, it would be cool to say I had one otherwise, most can't ride what we got to their full potential.
what would it take ?
exhaust/ filter, cylinder head porting, race gas and tune or more than that ?
piston and rods ?

just curious, how much are we talking for all of that ?

greeny

in a moto2 bike, the engine is probably the least important component. sure you could build something as strong for a semi-reasonable amount of money, but 90% of that cost is paying for that chassis.

what you guys are talking about is like putting a GT40 engine in a focus.

Matt

greeny;204697 wrote: in a moto2 bike, the engine is probably the least important component. sure you could build something as strong for a semi-reasonable amount of money, but 90% of that cost is paying for that chassis.

+1, the moto2 bike is great because of the chassis.. building a 600rr to be "close" isn't possible. these aren't 600rr... just 600rr engines.

j_fuggin_t

greeny;204697 wrote: in a moto2 bike, the engine is probably the least important component. sure you could build something as strong for a semi-reasonable amount of money, but 90% of that cost is paying for that chassis.

i agree, honda was just the one that said they'd pony up the motors