You guys feel that earth quake??

voyager

I was in the Food Lion Grocery store in Louisa, Va and this earthquake shook the ground hard up and down but not side to side. Louisa is 6 miles away from Mineral which was the epicenter. Ceiling tiles fell down and tons of stuff fell off the shelves but there did not appear to be any major damage. Some old buildings did get damaged and lots of old chimneys were toppled throughout the county. The funny thing is I rode 2 trackdays back to back at VIR with no incidents then almost got hit by ceiling tiles while grocery shopping.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
My building's right across from 295/32 in Maryland by Fort Meade, Maryland. For about 30 seconds it was like standing on a washing machine that's off balance in spin cycle.

Initially, I thought to myself, "Self..is this an earthquake...Nah it's the big central HVAC air handlers having an issue."..then it got MUCH worse...then I said to myself, "OK that's an earthquake..fuck this it's evacuation time."

RICK211

D-Zum;209045 wrote: My building's right across from 295/32 in Maryland by Fort Meade, Maryland. For about 30 seconds it was like standing on a washing machine that's off balance in spin cycle.

Initially, I thought to myself, "Self..is this an earthquake...Nah it's the big central HVAC air handlers having an issue."..then it got MUCH worse...then I said to myself, "OK that's an earthquake..fuck this it's evacuation time."
Darrin , that was funny

dave433

I was sitting in my recliner when it hit. felt like somebody was trying to move my house with a track loader. My wife was behind me looking out the front door and it scared the shit out of her.I went outside to see if there was any damage and could not believe how quiet it was. Not too many things rattle me but that definitely got my attention. First and hopefully only earthquake.

Dave

The epicenter was a few miles from North Anna Power Station where I work. It turned my 8 hour day into a much much MUCH longer one. And don't believe (everything that) the talking heads on the tube are sayings.

daddyfriedrich;209635 wrote: Relax. That was just me and the wife getting reacquainted.
Normally she just throws a few pans at you when she's mad. She must have been really mad and picked up the whole kitchen and tossed it your way! :eek:

elephino

8BgfQ.jpg