Zuma opinions... deal or no deal?

PJZOCC624

I'm looking at a 2004 Zuma 50, 3700 miles, good shape, NY registered, has all the paperwork. Has a 70cc kit NIB to go with it. Saw pics and looks like it's pretty solid. (It's grey, not Yamaha blue FWIW) :D

So for $650, good deal? It's about $150 more than I wanna spend on a scoot, and dude doesn't seem like he wants to budge. I'm looking to use it as a pit bike and around town transpo. Is there anything with these bikes that I need to worry about or look for as far as known problems?

TIA!
:popcorn:

Gorecki

I've been going through this stuff with my middle college kid, she wanted to pickup an '08 that was trashed but I learned *some* stuff about these in the process. The '08's and beyond have nasty emissions stuff on them and are dogs. Earlier ones (like this one) not so bad.

They're 2 strokes and *should* have an autopump for the 2 cycle oil.

IF it's in good shape and the 70cc kit is something you want (hopefully it's not crap). It's a good deal frankly. Miles are a little high for a 49cc, but replacing the top-end will eliminate some of that. I believe parts are fairly plentiful for one of that age. I'd do it, maybe try to grind down to $600, but that's me.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I think that's a good price. My 2001 was about $1500 new, and I understand the new ones now are going for considerably more than that...like mid to upper $2k?

Gorecki

HondaGalToo;207640 wrote: I think that's a good price. My 2001 was about $1500 new, and I understand the new ones now are going for considerably more than that...like mid to upper $2k?
$2,400.00 (well at least in California). Pretty sad for something that doesn't have much more poo than a weed wacker! :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Gorecki;207641 wrote: $2,400.00 (well at least in California). Pretty sad for something that doesn't have much more poo than a weed wacker! :D
Now there's an idea....if I could only get mine to whack the weeds.....
It smokes so much, it keeps the mosquitos away. Damn it stinks.

Gorecki

HondaGalToo;207644 wrote: Now there's an idea....if I could only get mine to whack the weeds.....
It smokes so much, it keeps the mosquitos away. Damn it stinks.
Awe, embrace its two strokeness (if that's a word)! :D

You could just take off the wheel and put line around the axle and poof, a weed wacker! Probably a bit of a bear to carry around though? :notsure:

PJZOCC624;207647 wrote:
WOW... Dude sold it already. FAWK! I THOUGHT it was a good price.

You snooze, you walk...
Sorry man, that was a pretty good deal. KBB on it was $745 and the 70cc kit was worth between $150-$250. :(

j_fuggin_t

eE jeremy;207628 wrote: $650 is a good price atleast around here. Similar scoots here go for over a grand.
what he said, i've been looking and most are $900+ and averaging around 1200-1300