ZX-6R regulator/rectifier question

jfeagin

Anyone with a Kawi ZX-6R and track bodywork, where did you mount the regulator/rectifier after swapping out the street plastic? I got the Armour Bodies kit for my '09, but it seems like space is too tight to just put the thing back on the right side. And if you did relocate to another spot, was the harness long enough or did you have to change that, too? :notsure:

Oh, one more out of curiosity. Is this only on recent models, or does the "issue" go back several years?

Hopefully, it won't be a total Franken-bike for Summit.

Any and all info/advice will be properly appreciated. :cool:

Greg ZX6R

Had the same problem, and ended up mounting it on the right side of the ram air duct, using 1 bolt. After removing the headlight cluster, there is 1 hole in the black plastic in which to mount something, and the rectifier fits there fine. Though it sits quite close to the inside of the race plastic and gets very hot, the rectifier hasn't damaged the plastic. Hope this helps.

Meat

jfeagin;148838 wrote:

Oh, one more out of curiosity. Is this only on recent models, or does the "issue" go back several years?
I have a 2005 and it is mounted on a bracket that hangs off the bottom left side of the frame, very near where the kickstand would be. It also acts as a nice chain lube accumulator. ;)

moxie

On my '09 with Sharkskinz, there is room for it to mount on the bottom inside of the nose area.

jfeagin

Seems like there's a nasal trend here. I don't think the wiring is going to allow chain lube recycling without a little more creativity than I care to employ. Anyway, thanks for the info, guys! :)