Expand Track Selection?

rlong.us

Ron Long
This is just a wishlist type thing...but maybe other's would also be interested...

With the EvolveGT/N2 partnership bringing more numbers, is there any talk about expanding tracks you hold events at a little further.

For instance, Florida - Jennings, etc.

Personal Incentive:
I have family that ride in Florida, and luckily GA tracks are close so we're currently able to link up at RA which allows me to use my track package, but would be awesome to be able to do a Florida trip to visit family and integrate a track day.

Would be cool if it were on the road map but I certainly understand if it's too much logistically. Thanks for all you do and for reading.

-Ron

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I have asked the same question in the past. Mostly because I was hoping to find tracks closer to home. As for Jennings, I have only been down there once on an open track day, it was fun and the CR's were helpful but that N2 essence was missing.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Never rode here but Mid-Ohio looks like it would be a cool track.

As I understand it, Mid Ohio runs their own track days in house...pretty much a closed site to outside track day orgs.

Personally, I'll pass on that track. I hear the surface is very sketchy when it comes to grip and weather conditions just don't help the situation.

To the OP...you want Jennings, you just missed the Dave Sanders Winter Classic there this past February. It's not an official N2 event, but it's an annual event.

Our largest concentration of members is in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region, so that's also the tracks we hit the most. Tracks are also selected based on safety considerations
and how they treat us when we're there. (F*ck Pocono on both accounts. If you're not NASCAR, you're just a bother to them)

I'm sure the Board of Directors is always looking to expand and attract more and new members. Growth is good for us all. One of the lessons learned with NESBA though has to be
you can have too much of a good thing. NESBA was almost nation wide. They had track days in Spokane, Washington. It became unmanageable.

So, while I hope N2 gets big...I hope it also doesn't get too big...kind of like my new black lab puppy who now needs to go out after a healthy breakfast.

mpusch

Micah
OP, I get where you're coming from and I'm sure N2 is often looking for adding new tracks and dates as their infrastructure allows.

If you don't have a road racing world subscription (which I'd highly recommend - fantastic road racing magazine), they do a yearly track day directory. Shows just about every TD organization, and locations and dates of each event. If N2 doesn't have the largest list they are really close, and that's obviously not including the Evolve GT partnered days.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I'm all for more tracks, too, but we need the staff to cover them. If they're far from our base group, it can be difficult logistically.

CleverRiver6

I always thought it would be cool if N2 could help lead members to other closer related sports. For example something closer (DC area) than NJMiniGP for MiniMoto or something dirt related. I think it would be a great way to stay in touch with members in the off season when tracks are the main focus

rlong.us

Ron Long
I know, I had looked up the other orgs and it completely makes sense logistically. I actually caught Emerson at the N2 Bike Night and learned more about the logistics of it all so definitely wouldn't make sense if they don't break even. Would be nice for us TD Package holders though :sneaky:

OP, I get where you're coming from and I'm sure N2 is often looking for adding new tracks and dates as their infrastructure allows.

If you don't have a road racing world subscription (which I'd highly recommend - fantastic road racing magazine), they do a yearly track day directory. Shows just about every TD organization, and locations and dates of each event. If N2 doesn't have the largest list they are really close, and that's obviously not including the Evolve GT partnered days.

Motofun352

Control Rider
NESBA did NL many years ago (2009???). The track was very sketchy in my opinion. Holes in the middle of the track, tire walls in the crash area and a turn that if you ran off you would cross over another section of track. With new owners and lots of improvements, perhaps. Their "bathrooms" were famous......:laugh:

Ronstopable

Control Rider
Director
If you can ride nelson you can ride anywhere :) There is a trackday scheduled for the end of July a few of us are going to go check out the new pavement. As far as the bathrooms I can't say if those have been addressed yet. I mean who doesn't like dropping a deuce in a 14" pipe with a toilet seat lid over it :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I always thought it would be cool if N2 could help lead members to other closer related sports. For example something closer (DC area) than NJMiniGP for MiniMoto or something dirt related. I think it would be a great way to stay in touch with members in the off season when tracks are the main focus

Dirt bikes! Plenty of places to ride that don't require nearly as much driving.

R1Baby

Control Rider
If you can ride nelson you can ride anywhere :) There is a trackday scheduled for the end of July a few of us are going to go check out the new pavement. As far as the bathrooms I can't say if those have been addressed yet. I mean who doesn't like dropping a deuce in a 14" pipe with a toilet seat lid over it :)

I'm might be interested in going to check
The track out also. Keep me posted.

Chris

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Did someone say dirty bikes? We ride dirt as often as possible. Lots of riding here in PA. Maybe John H has some stuff down that way. I'm up for a road trip to ride. Just blew a fork seal last weekend but we are riding next weekend in PA if anyone wants to join us.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Did someone say dirty bikes? We ride dirt as often as possible. Lots of riding here in PA. Maybe John H has some stuff down that way. I'm up for a road trip to ride. Just blew a fork seal last weekend but we are riding next weekend in PA if anyone wants to join us.
Who's the new guy you're riding with? Mr Fork Seal, sounds like a lucky guy to be with you.

Let me know the details, maybe I'll run up for the day.

bmart

Control Rider
VIR South please. Oh yea, and more VIR South! I love that place. Blind entries. Off camber exits. Plenty of places to pass. Paved pit. Building with A/C to cool off between sessions and a second floor to view nearly the whole track.