VIR 2018

Motofun352

Control Rider
HINT: If you take your wife/girl friend/ sig other....Go to the Oak Tree Inn for dinner. It's some $$ but worth it and it may earn you some rewards......:eek:

Raspingbeast

I agree with that. The more and more I speak with people about VIR all say the same thing, "if you haven't been, go!....its a FUN track". I'm off that Sunday/Monday so I can make it a two day trip and be well rested for Monday. Hopefully mother nature blesses us with decent weather. VIR hosts CCS mid atlantic/southeast region races which will benefit me learning because at some point i'll be taking the road racing school to obtain my license.

Yep cause last year it was low to mid 60s around that time. Say hello when you see me out there. I’m a beginner so I’ll be riding novice though lol IMG_0458.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YOLOrider87

Yep cause last year it was low to mid 60s around that time. Say hello when you see me out there. I’m a beginner so I’ll be riding novice though lol View attachment 5493

I'm hoping for the same this year. I am Novice with N2 myself although I was bumped to Yellow group with TPM and I group with MX before end of 2017 season. So definitely will see me out there in your session God willing. Bike looks good :like: I'll be in a all black (race plastics) CBR 600 #126. I made a reservation at the lodge for 3/25 since I'm attending the 26th at the North track/configuration. Let me know when time nears if you want to meet up. Will have plenty of beer if you wanna stop by for a drink, anyone else is more than welcome.

Raspingbeast

I'm hoping for the same this year. I am Novice with N2 myself although I was bumped to Yellow group with TPM and I group with MX before end of 2017 season. So definitely will see me out there in your session God willing. Bike looks good :like: I'll be in a all black (race plastics) CBR 600 #126. I made a reservation at the lodge for 3/25 since I'm attending the 26th at the North track/configuration. Let me know when time nears if you want to meet up. Will have plenty of beer if you wanna stop by for a drink, anyone else is more than welcome.

Yea I was bumped to red with TPM my last trackday but that was on my ducati 749s. Sold it for zx6r which I’m looking forward to ride (seems easier and faster) lol. I’ll hit you up I’ll be at patriot and north.

Kurt_Orban

I'm planning to be there both days. Gotta get a trailer between now and then..
Me too, I'm looking at proline right now and still keeping am eye out for used trailers. Trying to keep it to a manageable weight and drag for a F150

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Raspingbeast

Patriot didn't seem to have an over abundance of grip in March last year :) I know especially going up the hill to the sharp switchback chicanes at the top of the hill, my rear tire was moving around a bit!

Sure didn’t everyone was falling that morning including me lol.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Rode Patriot once years ago...hated every second of it. Might be fun on a Grom though.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Just not a fan of layouts that short. And at the time I was on a 1000 if I recall...sucks on a big bike.

It's a kart track..perfect for miniGP....so I'd like to ride it on my Grom....that would probably be a LOT of fun.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Got to agree a bit with Darrin on this. Patriot is REAL short, and the elevation changes make it feel even shorter. It's about as far from a big bike course as you could possibly get. For me, if it's a Patriot/North weekend, I'd go and ride Patriot because all it costs me is leaving a day earlier. I personally would never consider a Patriot/Patriot day. Contrast this with I "might" consider a Shenny/Shenny weekend under the right circumstances. But that's just me.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Patriot is a BLAST on a smaller bike or a motard, not so much on a 1000. You probably won't see third gear on a modern 1000 and for sure not 4th. It reminds me of kick ass mountain back roads with elevation changes and tight patterns. Sub 1:00 lap times if that says anything. The paddock has little to no power so be prepared for that. I may go for the hell of it!

CBRtist

Tough not to consider. It’s a haul but I have 3 weeks off around that time. Ria can do Mini GP and I can do other days (+mini possibly). Plus I wouldn’t mind running the R3 on Patriot.

Besides that... VIR is beautiful and has one of the best restaurants on site. It would be really hard to say no to this one.