2018 N2 track day bike prep - Where's everyone at?

bmart

Control Rider
Hey all,

I'm sure that you've all been doing what I've been doing in the off season. We can't just sit around, right?

The A bike, a 2004 R6, got the following:
  • Coils checked. Bad ones thrown out and new ones slid in from the spares kit. This cured the rough idle and the breaking up at 10k, 12k, and 14k RPM. Specs for these are when cold, but honestly, you can't tell anything unless they're at operating temps with a meter handy.
  • New rear Renthal sprocket with 50 teeth. Laugh all you want at this pizza pan on the back, but it'll pull hard enough off of the corners to get a jump on the litre bikes! And yes, it is still a stock 532 chain. You can't wear these chains out! Cleaned and waxed.
  • Full suspension and steering damper refresh from Thermosman.
  • New rear hub rubber cushions. The old ones were pretty shredded.
  • New water and Water Wetter.
  • Found where the aluminum in the oil was coming from. Replaced the clutch boss.
  • Fresh synthetic oil and filter.
  • Clean and oiled air filter.
  • Flushed all brakes. Cleaned all calipers for smooth movement by hand. Installed new Vesrah from RJL pads.
  • Just general cleaning, bodywork install, sag setting, and tire selection left!
The B bike, a 2003 R6, got only the following:
  • Clean and wax chain.
  • Clean and oiled air filter.
  • New Water and Water Wetter.
  • Flushed all brakes. Cleaned all calipers for smooth movement by hand. Isntalled new Vesrah from RJL pads.
  • Flushed all brakes. Cleaned all calipers for smooth movement by hand. Clean up stock pads...which never seem to wear out.
  • Cleaned up the kill switch contacts so that the bike would stop intermittently trying to throw me over the handlebars...and so that Lars would stop telling me to stop slowing when he was following me...
  • Just general cleaning, bodywork install, sag setting, and tire selection left!
So, what are you guys doing to your bikes between seasons?

YOLOrider87

This off season I stripped my bike down , sold fairings and any street stuff I would no longer need. New spark plugs, Air Filter, installed PCM V, flushed/replaced all fluids; coolant, brakes & oil. Have complete sharkskinz bodywork on the cbr along with paint job & clear coat done by Andrew Swenson. This is my only bike, maybe later on I'll invest in a second bike. Current mods i have are

2011 Cbr600rr
Stainless Steel front brake lines
EBC Pads
Vortex Clip Ons
Vortex Rear Sets
BMC Air Filter
Two Brothers slip on
Power Commander V
Vortex steel front sprocket/Aluminum rear +1 rear set up
520 conversion with DID 520 ERV chain

This bike is very user friendly and I love how it handles, glad the CBR was not discontinued and is still sticking around. Nothing left for me to do except wait. Lucky for me I go on vacation next month to Daytona Beach (Bike Week)so I can get my mind off of things and enjoy myself.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
Work done this winter:
2008 SV650
Putting in built 700CC "Superbike" motor (will be replaced by 650cc supersport build in April for eligibility in more CCS classes)
Yoyodyne slipper in both engines
Ported throttle bodies
Power Commander 5, quick shifter, and fuel map switch
Modified Airbox (basically just didn't put top back on)
Installed full Leo Vince exhaust
Modified ignition coils for two spark plug 03-06 heads (no longer eligible for MotoAmerica... damn)
Put 4.5" "little" wheel back on (OEM size), was 5.5" GSXR wheel
Older model Ohlins shock to replace Elka
New chain
New set of sprockets
Clean calipers, new brake fluid, fresh Vesrah RJL XX pads
Replaced caliper and pinch bolts with probolt pre-drilled to make it easier to use clips with safety wire
New ZeroGravity windscreen because a pebble cracked previous
Fresh paint
New stickers
Smoothed scrapes on brake lever guard

JBallz

Work done this winter:
2008 SV650
Putting in built 700CC "Superbike" motor (will be replaced by 650cc supersport build in April for eligibility in more CCS classes)
Yoyodyne slipper in both engines
Ported throttle bodies
Power Commander 5, quick shifter, and fuel map switch
Modified Airbox (basically just didn't put top back on)
Installed full Leo Vince exhaust
Modified ignition coils for two spark plug 03-06 heads (no longer eligible for MotoAmerica... damn)
Put 4.5" "little" wheel back on (OEM size), was 5.5" GSXR wheel
Older model Ohlins shock to replace Elka
New chain
New set of sprockets
Clean calipers, new brake fluid, fresh Vesrah RJL XX pads
Replaced caliper and pinch bolts with probolt pre-drilled to make it easier to use clips with safety wire
New ZeroGravity windscreen because a pebble cracked previous
Fresh paint
New stickers
Smoothed scrapes on brake lever guard

Winter projects...
d429eab729989b9a2497789b41fb67ca.jpg
83fa108bfde055cdce25f2d1dac1f1e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I'm hibernating. And trying to lose my holiday junk food pounds.
The bike? Doesn't need much, the suspension was refreshed by Markbilt (and he did the plugs and checked the valves), I changed the oil, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the calipers. In the spring I'll flush the antifreeze out and replace with Water Wetter and bleed the brakes. And tires. Lotso tires.

bmart

Control Rider
It is about 80 again today in Charlotte. Not back for February! I even got out for a ride yesterday on the VFR. Wrapping up hotel bookings for the season today.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Blame it on Steve! I would love to be there right now. Got some work to do getting a "new to me" engine in the 2005 this weekend. Ride safe and have fun!

Ron R

Changing over a new 16 R1 for the track. What a snowball this has turned into and the reality is the bike stock is far better than I! But I really like messing with shit and making it my own.

MrFrzz

slow and wide
This will be my first track day (May @ Roebling Road)

ONLY bike is a 2011 FZ6R

Installed Galfer front stainless lines
installed T-Rex racing Swingarm Spools
just ordered front and rear pads, tires (Metzeler M7RRs)
Will be picking up the rear ss line, and changing plugs before track

Gotta start somewhere right?