TRS layout

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Kurt, you're really going to have to set it up based on how you plan to load. Some people like to alternate them and not be completely lined up. On a wider trailer, some people like being able to hang stuff on the walls next to the bike and push the bikes more toward center, and some like me like a walking aisle between them. It's personal opinion. Here's my serious advice.

1) Put a TRS on your bikes, and then measure from the TRS rear axle (the shafts that slide into the floor mount clamps) measure to the front of the tire.
2) You really want the bikes loaded balanced front to back over the trailer axles if you can.
3) Now, just use painters tape and play around with locations.
4) When you get them close to where you'll want the plates, check under the trailer for obstructions in mounting.
5) Drill, mount, and repeat.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Bill is right about his suggestion to basically “dry fit” your stuff first. I might add that you should pay close attention to weight distribution. Too much towards the rear and you’ll be fish tailin all the way to the track.

Kurt_Orban

Kurt, you're really going to have to set it up based on how you plan to load. Some people like to alternate them and not be completely lined up. On a wider trailer, some people like being able to hang stuff on the walls next to the bike and push the bikes more toward center, and some like me like a walking aisle between them. It's personal opinion. Here's my serious advice.

1) Put a TRS on your bikes, and then measure from the TRS rear axle (the shafts that slide into the floor mount clamps) measure to the front of the tire.
2) You really want the bikes loaded balanced front to back over the trailer axles if you can.
3) Now, just use painters tape and play around with locations.
4) When you get them close to where you'll want the plates, check under the trailer for obstructions in mounting.
5) Drill, mount, and repeat.
Yeah I was planning on doing exactly what you said Bill, I like the center aisle open too. I was hoping there was a baseline front to back axle spacing so that whatever bike I load, will be spaced out properly. I plan on popping a center line down the trailer and then 90s off of that for the spacing I need.

I was also thinking about having one of the plates in the middle, with the rear axle tucked in between the front of two potential bikes in the back, in case I'm hauling three.

I know it's all subjective to each person's tastes, but some of these are pretty much checkmated in to what you can do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kurt_Orban

Yeah, right now the trailer was setup by the previous owner with one TRS in the back left corner. I want to add another to the right, and two in front of the axle. It's a tandem 7x16 with torsions so hopefully if I load two in the back it won't be light in the nose with other gear. I plan on adding a work bench and tool chest when I figure out what I want to do and some simple organization for helmets and suits, so that will help with the weight distro

Kurt_Orban

Stagger them so the bars of one bike can move freely in the area of the seat of the other bike. Check out my old thread for pics.

https://forum.n2td.org/index.php?threads/otto-man-goes-on-a-toy-hauler-adventure.35124/#post-299331
Good advice. I'm gonna look up some factory specs on Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, and BMW and see what the average wheel base is and lay it out according to that. The seat pocket is a great idea, thanks for that!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Shouldn't matter that much because you should always leave a decent amount of room between the bikes anyways. If you pack them in super tight, you leave very little error for the bikes tilting left/right when you're loading/unloading. Additionally, you would have to lean the bikes when loading because the clip on on one would hit the gas tank or tail section of the other bike already hooked up.

Kurt_Orban

Shouldn't matter that much because you should always leave a decent amount of room between the bikes anyways. If you pack them in super tight, you leave very little error for the bikes tilting left/right when you're loading/unloading. Additionally, you would have to lean the bikes when loading because the clip on on one would hit the gas tank or tail section of the other bike already hooked up.
Hmm, ok. I'll keep it pretty open then