Pitt Race Roll Call 5/19 & 5/20

chrisplm

Chris
I'm torn, I really like the kink, but as one of the knuckleheads who has woken up in the ER after crashing there I see some value in having the chicane.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they pushed the wall back since a few years ago, plus we put up air fence there. So its a bit "different" (read safer) than it was years back.

dlockhart

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they pushed the wall back since a few years ago, plus we put up air fence there. So its a bit "different" (read safer) than it was years back.
It's still really fast and the ground still hurts a lot when going really fast. I'm old enough to remember the kink at Road America, another favorite turn. Come out of the carousel and thread the needle WFO on the way down to Canada corner. They also used to call it wheel chair alley. Hence the "bend" section to get bikes slowed down and pointed down the track, instead of at a wall. I wish PIRC could do something a bit more like that to make it safer for all us slower MC racers too.

YOLOrider87

Could a CR chime in on the benefits and whats involved for ATP, am on the fence in enrolling for ATP for this saturday mainly because i have never ridden this track before. Looking to get that 1 on 1 because i feel im at a plateau and need some guidance.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
ATP is kind of a "mini YCRS" in many ways. I wouldn't call it "one on one" completely, but is definitely individual and small group focused technical coaching. It's a combination of classroom and practical application (track, parking lot, etc) focused on building the fundamentals. You absolutely do NOT need to have experience at a given track. The folks who run the ATP classes are very good, and are YCRS certified coaches. Don't expect that you'll necessarily be running super fast lap times after ATP. It's more of continuing to refine techniques that should help you continue to go faster, and to do it safer. The ATP class is a complete day - start to finish. There really is no "slack time" - you'll either be in the classroom or doing practical application on the bike.

dlockhart

ATP is kind of a "mini YCRS" in many ways. I wouldn't call it "one on one" completely, but is definitely individual and small group focused technical coaching. It's a combination of classroom and practical application (track, parking lot, etc) focused on building the fundamentals. You absolutely do NOT need to have experience at a given track. The folks who run the ATP classes are very good, and are YCRS certified coaches. Don't expect that you'll necessarily be running super fast lap times after ATP. It's more of continuing to refine techniques that should help you continue to go faster, and to do it safer. The ATP class is a complete day - start to finish. There really is no "slack time" - you'll either be in the classroom or doing practical application on the bike.

It is great to see the development of the YCRS N2 partnership getting better and better. WRT yolorider87, I'd suggest that not knowing the track is better, forcing you to use the tools that YCRS teaches you about how to figure out a given track.
pic some of the mid west originals at Spencers for a private pro school. spencers.jpg