Bein out

Ron R

So for those of us that got f&@ked by Verizon or Comcast/Xfinity how do we get our race coverage on. So
f¥€king pissed.

Hix25

Don't even get me started. One of the only reasons I keep cable was for bein. Now I won't get to see any road racing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hix25

Don't even get me started. One of the only reasons I keep cable was for bein. Now I won't get to see any road racing.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Sign up for Sling TV World Sports and they have BEIN. It is $10/month with no contract. I just watched the races today while at the beach with my fire tv stick. Don’t bother paying the extra $5 for DVR as you can go back up to 3 full days and watch races so if you miss Saturday/Sunday you have until Wednesday/Thursday to go back and watch. Plus they rerun them all week so you could always go back and watch a rerun.

https://www.sling.com/international-sports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ron R

Sign up for Sling TV World Sports and they have BEIN. It is $10/month with no contract. I just watched the races today while at the beach with my fire tv stick. Don’t bother paying the extra $5 for DVR as you can go back up to 3 full days and watch races so if you miss Saturday/Sunday you have until Wednesday/Thursday to go back and watch. Plus they rerun them all week so you could always go back and watch a rerun.

https://www.sling.com/international-sports

I will give that a try. Thanks

tdelegram

Control Rider
DIrect TV also has access to Bien and as far as I know isn’t in a dispute with them, but I was gone this weekend so don’t know for sure.

Ron R

Bill it’s a real he said she said thing. Bein is saying they agreed on the same price since 2012 and that Verizon wanted to make bein part of an upgraded package. Verizon is saying bein wanted to raise the rate. Ether way I feel hosed.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Ron, what many don’t realize is that bein is actually a spin-off of Al Jazeera media and has a long history of less than honest behavior. I’m a very strong critic of Verizon business practices but have even less trust in bein - who btw is frankly a niche player with hardly a high subscriber count. If it weren’t for Moto America and MotoGP I could not care less about them.

borislav

Control Rider
Why all conspiracy theories!!!???
I / you as a customer had the contract/ or not and PAY for services that we don't get any more! Verizon breached the contract (if you have one) or is fraudulently charging you and is automatically at faulty as far as I'm concerned!
What transpired between them and Bein who cares we got screwed!

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
This is why I’ve walked away from Comcast (for tv) and directv (never had a choice of Verizon but same boat). I never had issues with their service (actually really liked directv, just hated the cost) but no contract options available now just make it so much easier. I jumped from ps vue to sling to Hulu tv without any hassle and because it gave me the most of what I wanted each time.

I know many aren’t willing to endure that amount of change, but for me it is no big deal and has been great.

Here is a great site for anyone thinking about cutting the cord.

https://www.suppose.tv/tv

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Why all conspiracy theories!!!???
I / you as a customer had the contract/ or not and PAY for services that we don't get any more! Verizon breached the contract (if you have one) or is fraudulently charging you and is automatically at faulty as far as I'm concerned!
What transpired between them and Bein who cares we got screwed!

Boris, it's no conspiracy theory. The terms of service with any of the providers gives them the ability to make programming changes through the year. In no legal definition are they in breach. Keep in mind that their negotiations with the different media producers as an ongoing process and does not line up with your contract. Like I said, I have no love for Verizon. That being said, it's also just plain ridiculous to expect them to just pay whatever Bein wants. At the end of the day, we'd all pay for that. Providers have no recourse in negotiation other than to threaten to take the programming off the air. Otherwise, vendors like Bein could charge whatever they want. Bluntly, we with Verizon have been pretty lucky in that regard. Others such as Comcast, Dish and Direct have all had major gaps where programming has been taken down due to contract disputes. I don't know how much blame is on each side here but I'm just trying to be logical.

It's a bad situation all around, compounded by the fact that nobody except for a small percentage of Verizon viewers even realizes Bein exists. We happen to like some of their programming. Probably 99.9% of Verizon customers could not possibly care less if Bein were permanently dropped.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
This is why I’ve walked away from Comcast (for tv) and directv (never had a choice of Verizon but same boat). I never had issues with their service (actually really liked directv, just hated the cost) but no contract options available now just make it so much easier. I jumped from ps vue to sling to Hulu tv without any hassle and because it gave me the most of what I wanted each time.

I know many aren’t willing to endure that amount of change, but for me it is no big deal and has been great.

Here is a great site for anyone thinking about cutting the cord.

https://www.suppose.tv/tv

Cord cutting has become very very real. And a lot faster than people recognize. My issue is that I have only two real options for broadband at my home - Verizon and Comcast. And it's a lot more expensive to get broadband with no TV - plus it's still not as seamless as i'd like. I have all my own equipment other than two multi-stream cablecards, so really I'm paying for broadband, TV content, the cablecards and phone is effectively free. If I drop phone, my costs go up. If I drop TV, they drop a little, but not much. I'm not under contract either.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Cord cutting has become very very real. And a lot faster than people recognize. My issue is that I have only two real options for broadband at my home - Verizon and Comcast. And it's a lot more expensive to get broadband with no TV - plus it's still not as seamless as i'd like. I have all my own equipment other than two multi-stream cablecards, so really I'm paying for broadband, TV content, the cablecards and phone is effectively free. If I drop phone, my costs go up. If I drop TV, they drop a little, but not much. I'm not under contract either.

I still have Comcast just for Internet although I’ve been pretty lucky in that consistently for the last 3 years I’ve been able to get one of their top 2 non-business plans for $49.99/month. It’s a 12 month deal and I have to call each year but I’ve been fortunate to keep getting it.

I already invested in the upfront costs for fire tv boxes and sticks plus a couple chromecast, so that is all a sunk cost at this point but at least I don’t pay a monthly box fee to Comcast/directv. Those box fees are one of the main reasons I walked away from them. I buy my own cable modems to avoid renting one for Internet.

Hix25

Ron, what many don’t realize is that bein is actually a spin-off of Al Jazeera media and has a long history of less than honest behavior. I’m a very strong critic of Verizon business practices but have even less trust in bein - who btw is frankly a niche player with hardly a high subscriber count. If it weren’t for Moto America and MotoGP I could not care less about them.
This is why I think bein is the main culprit. I don't trust Verizon or comcast, but bein's 2 big programs are soccer and motorcycle racing. Even though both sports have a die hard fan base, they will almost never gain widespread popularity in America.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
What a shame, BEIN was actually doing a great job with all the motorcycle coverage.