Greetings from Virginia

byron21

Just a quick introduction. After 20 plus years of riding on the street, I finally stopped making excuses and attended a California Superbike 2 day school at VIR last month. I had an absolute blast, so am looking forward to doing more track days. When I asked around about what organization would be the best to do track days with, N2 came up more than any other track day group out there. Trying to make NC bike in October look forward to meeting some new and awesome riders. I just have to get my bike put back together.

Best regards
Byron

byron21

Unfortunately working next weekend, but Pitt race is definitely on my short list of places to visit.

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! You've chosen wisely. I hope to see you at NC Bike that weekend. What do you ride? What can we help with?

byron21

Welcome! You've chosen wisely. I hope to see you at NC Bike that weekend. What do you ride? What can we help with?
I currently ride a 2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848 which is sitting in pieces in my garage right now (routine maintenance time) it should be back together in a week or so, I even have a brand new set of Dunlop Q3's to break in. The only thing I may need help with would be unloading my bike out of the back of my truck at the track.

Best Regards,
Byron

byron21

Thank you all for the kind welcome. Finished up my valve check and other maintenance last night, by some miracle I didn't mess anything up and the bike actually runs. Got some new Dunlop Q3's mounted, new brake pads are on the way so things are looking good for a track day in October.

Byron

byron21

Well it has been a long winter. The Ducati has been sold and was replaced with a track only Triumph Daytona 675R. Finally have all my stuff together so will definitely be making it out this spring. Just signed up for the ATP school on May 4th and a follow on practice day on the 5th. This will be my first time riding NC bike, and my first track day with N2. Looking forward to making some new friends, and learning some new skills.

Best regards,
Byron

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! N2 is a great org; the coaches and riders are very approachable. Drop by and say hello.

kawijay

New to this
Hey looks like we were in California Superbike School at the same time and place. I was there Aug 6th and 7th of last year. I will be going back to VIR for CSS May 8th and 9th then on to Pittrace in July and Aug. Hope to see you there

byron21

Hey looks like we were in California Superbike School at the same time and place. I was there Aug 6th and 7th of last year. I will be going back to VIR for CSS May 8th and 9th then on to Pittrace in July and Aug. Hope to see you there
Thanks for reaching out kawijay. I was going to do CSS in May but got wait-listed. Hoping to make it back for levels 3 and 4 in August. In the meantime I am just trying to make as many track days as I can. Have fun at CSS, I will have to try and make a Pittrace event if I can.

Byron

Warren Stewart

Hey Byron! Warren here - we met at the 5/4 NC Bike track day. I have the red Panigale. I just noticed you ran a Streetfighter. I have the exact same bike and it was a coin-toss as to which one to bring. Do you still use the 848 for track days? I’ve already decided to leave the Panigale at home (for now) and if I can bear to part with a bike, may move toward a 300 or 600 for track training. Let me know how you like the 848 for track!

WS

byron21

Warren,
Great to hear from you. I actually sold my Streetfigther and used the money to buy a track only bike. I never made it to the track with my Ducati. I have heard they are a good track bike, I just figured I would be better off with something a little smaller to learn on. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. Hope to see you out there in the future.

Byron