Riding in the rain

Yamaha851

I've been looking at the weather, sounds like we'll have some rain Saturday morning at Road Atl.

That's got me thinking, is there anything you guys do to dry your leathers after rain or any product to recondition the leather once it's dry?

I'm excited to get out of my comfort zone and ride a wet track but i'd prefer not to damage all my gear. Also not looking forward to wearing wet gear the rest of the weekend.

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Hang dry works wonders to dry leathers regardless how the get wet. Leather conditioner is helpful all the time to keep leather gear from getting stiff. Nothing fancy needed.

bmart

Control Rider
Wear a rain top and possibly a bottom too. It will block not only the rain, but the cold temps!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
It's actually OK to get your leathers wet, just be sure to dry them. I use a HangDry when I'm riding wet-or-dry. About every 2-3 month, I throw my leathers in the wash. I remove all the pads and inner lining, throw in 1.5 cups of apple cider vinegar and don't use any detergent. It removes all the salts, etc. I know, not a "how to wash your suit" thread, but these things can certainly get wet. Just dry'em out!

Yamaha851

Simple enough, thanks for the quick replies.

Think a regular rain jacket would be ok? Maybe with a little duct tape modification so it doesn't flap around in the wind too bad...

Motofun352

Control Rider
+1 for a hang dry...also do not use a lot of heat, it's better to just use cool air, same for boots and gloves. I've used a frog tog over my leathers once or twice. It helps a little, especially with the cold..just don't expect to stay dry. Also think about cold hands, try wearing a pair of latex gloves under your gauntlet gloves. Again, not perfect, but it helps.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Wow! The "R" word before an event weekend....been a while since anyone's committed that Party Foul.

Kinda like putting the business card of a good divorce lawyer in a wedding Congratulations card.