New Here

David M. Beyer

I was invited to join the Forum by Kurt so I have done so... A little background about me, I have been riding all forms of motorized recreation since 1970 and teaching since the mid 1990's I did my first track day with Penguin racing in 2006 and earned a racing license that same week. I try to keep my skills up both off-road and on and ride a variety of bikes from dirt and adventure to street and track.

bmart

Control Rider
Is that VMAX at full lean? :)

Welcome! I look forward to riding with you. Where are you located?

My first track day was with Penguin back in 1998 on a CB-1. It was all downhill (and uphill!) since then.

David M. Beyer

Is that VMAX at full lean? :)

Welcome! I look forward to riding with you. Where are you located?

My first track day was with Penguin back in 1998 on a CB-1. It was all downhill (and uphill!) since then.

Yup that fat old pig is at full lean in both pics, she just ain't got the ground clearance to go anymore!

I had a CB1 in the stable for a while as well. Currently a Hawk GT, and a VFR750 from the same period...

bmart

Control Rider
Ummm, '88?

I have one now. My first one is in my pic to the left! One of the best bikes made to date.

David M. Beyer

Ummm, '88?

I have one now. My first one is in my pic to the left! One of the best bikes made to date.

Mine was a 1989, at the time my Hawk was a 1990 and my VFR is a 1991, had all three at the same time. The CB1's are really hard to find now, even harder to find than the FZR400

bmart

Control Rider
I think that this is my eighth one. It comes to the track once in awhile just for fun but it's pretty much solo mountain bike now. I also have a VFR as my regular street bike. You have great taste in bikes. Lol

MrFrzz

slow and wide
Welcome to N2! Kurt pulled my wife and I into the trackday scene last year and now we're hooked! Fantastic book BTW ;) read through it once, and I plan on going through it a few more times.