BOOT REQUIREMENTS?

MT_Tate

New to the forum and figured I might be able to get some help here. I'm wanting to go to my first track day before the season ends but there's one problem. I wear size 16 shoe and they do not make race boots in my size. I can find dirt boots in my size but I'm not wanting anything that large and bulky. Could I get away with wearing high top steel toes? Or am I just SOL?

tdelegram

Control Rider
I believe the requirement is over the ankle, my personal preference would be for an MX boot over a work boot due to the protection it would provide over a work boot. Regardless, if you’re going to do this more than once you should invest in quality gear over the winter. Finally I would send an email to support@n2td.org to see if they might have some boots that you could rent.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
I believe the requirement is over the ankle, my personal preference would be for an MX boot over a work boot due to the protection it would provide over a work boot. Regardless, if you’re going to do this more than once you should invest in quality gear over the winter. Finally I would send an email to support@n2td.org to see if they might have some boots that you could rent.

Unfortunately we do not have a boot of such magnitude in our inventory. :(

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Contact Brian Van at sportbiketrackgear.com
He's really knowledgeable. If there's something in your size, he'd be the one to find it.