Hello and track suit

Travis Neel

Hello all, Travis AKA Rocks2Roots (I am a trials rider and roots rocker) here getting ready for my 1st track day Oct 2. I just turned 60 and figured if not now, when? I like the mountain twisties but was pointed to the tracks as a way to have the same fun AND stay alive. I just bought a 2011 Daytona 675 as my 'track bike'. I'm not sure if I can keep it as it kills my neck to ride but I've been told it won't bother me as much at the track. Other bikes are Hyperstrada, Tiger, Grom, KDX, TM Racing, and Montessa. What I do not have is a track suit. I think I am an Euro 60 or 62. Tea suggested I get on the Forum and ask around if anyone could help out a new rider, so here I am! Thank you all

tdelegram

Control Rider
Travis,

Welcome aboard! We have a lot of fast and proficient trail riders frequenting our events. I am neither, but I have a trail bike as well as an MX bike (my preference) for off season training and fun. I can't help you directly with a suit that large, I personally wear a 58 and you're welcome to try to squeeze into my old spare suit. What area of the country do you live in? There might be some retailers that would have suits large enough to accommodate you or some online vendors you could try. Since you have a little time until October I would jump on this now. If you are not an off the rack fit there are some good 2 piece suit options, if you go that route, please make sure they zip together at least 3/4's of the waist. Another option would be joining the WERA forum, http://forums.13x.com/index.php and searching their used gear section, or posting up in search of ....

Feel free to keep posting up here with any questions, there is an unbelievable wealth of knowledge here and we all started where you are at.

Thanks,
Tom

Travis Neel

Hi Tom, thanks for the advice. I live in Philly. I will check out 13 x. Please bring your spare suit to the 10/2 track day if you come!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Check out revzilla they are in philly and stock a large amount of suits, you should at a minimum be able to get sizing nailed. I should be at the first 4 days in October njmp and pirc weekends.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome Travis! You'll have a blast riding on the track. What track is Oct 2? I'm not seeing an event for Oct 2. I'm seeing NJMP for Oct 5/6. Are one of those the day you'll be attending?

Motofun352

Control Rider
Welcome to the club...us "hexagenarians" need to show these kids how it's done....:p There are a some larger size suits currently on the WERA site that might suit you...pun intended...

djhurayt

I am assuming you are refereeing to the age thing Motfun352. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised that folks in their 60's are not referred to as "hexa.." but the much better sounding "sexagenarians"

source

teresa23

get your suspension set up, and take it to a triumph dealer to be sure the warranty / recall on the replacement stator has been done.
I love my 675!
the electrical can be a bit tricky, so consider having the electronics verified, and always check your battery!
happy riding