WTB: Lap Timers

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Looking to purchase a lap timer, open to all kinds also interested to hear what everyone uses.

Thanks

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
I’m in the market also. Have heard good things about the Aim Solo 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Yeah so have I, right now I'm using a app on my phone called GPS lap timer. It's work and has tracks preloaded. But looking to get a much better accurate time vs GPS time.

Also I see you use taptalk, is it a good app to keep up with these forums

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Yeah so have I, right now I'm using a app on my phone called GPS lap timer. It's work and has tracks preloaded. But looking to get a much better accurate time vs GPS time.

Also I see you use taptalk, is it a good app to keep up with these forums

Yeah Tapatalk works well, especially if you have multiple forums you frequent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Is it based off just your phone or do you need additional things like blutooth interfaces? Have you had a chance to see how accurate it is?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bmart

Control Rider
Yes. I start it before I go out and tuck it into the leathers. I'm sure that it is "accurate enough..." I've been using it for many years.

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Thanks, im going to road atl Saturday if it doesn't get cancel and ill compare what i have now with that app

YoshiHNS

TrackAddict on an old refurbished phone with a Qstarz 10Hz GPS. GPS taped to triple. Phone tucked away. Accurate enough for what I want out of it, and not a huge investment ($100-$150).

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Looks similar to the app that i use, and basically what im doing.
8a70c815cde757e769572e9173eddec7.jpg

YoshiHNS

Looks similar to the app that i use, and basically what im doing.

The external GPS will get you a faster polling rate (10Hz max). Phones I think only do 1Hz, so you should get more accurate data. The app should tell you what polling rate your phone is doing.