When will we get to ride again?

bacolmm

So it seems that NC and GA are able to have track events again, any thoughts on when OH, WV and PA will be able to do the same?

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Pitt race is now in the yellow zone as if last week. Hoping track is open next month! I'm ready to ride!
FYI, as of earlier today they are still in the red unfortunately. Hoping to get on that awesome track soon!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ar556

FYI, as of earlier today they are still in the red unfortunately. Hoping to get on that awesome track soon!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They posted yesterday that Chin Track Days (cars) is a go for May 23/24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
They posted yesterday that Chin Track Days (cars) is a go for May 23/24.

Thanks for the update. Regardless, Beaver County where PittRace is located is currently in the red.

ar556

Thanks for the update. Regardless, Beaver County where PittRace is located is currently in the red.

Does that mean N2 wouldn’t host an event if the county remains red but the track is open? Just wondering if the fact Chin is having their event there (PIRC) is good news or irrelevant to us?

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
Irrelevant unfortunate due to number of participants. We have a much larger group which doesn’t permit our type of event. If you’d be willing to pay 10x more for 10x less people then it could be possible

bacolmm

Irrelevant unfortunate due to number of participants. We have a much larger group which doesn’t permit our type of event. If you’d be willing to pay 10x more for 10x less people then it could be possible

I'm guessing yellow will not be good enough and Beaver County will need to be in the green to do a track day?

For anyone near the Garden State. Get on the Parkway south of the PNC arena. It's the wild west on there now. Example ? 4 lanes wide I am center left. Everyone is hauling A$$. Average speed probably around 85 to 90+ mph. Speedo error not taken into account I am tacking 109 mph and moderately faster than everyone else to avoid parking in someone's blind spot. A minivan family and a Volvo C70 blow by me on both sides. I laughed inside my helmet.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
The police in Maryland are barely out on the roads. I've only seen a few sitting in their normal speed trap areas. Only one or two times have I seen someone actually pulled over in the last two months.

People know this and the speeds down here are up 15-20mph everywhere. Once I was doing about 80 in my Challenger and got passed by four cars doing 100+. All of them were normal 4-door cars.

Kruizen

Control Rider
#UPDATE Maryland State Police are continuing their increased traffic safety efforts around the Capital Beltway, with a specific focus on drivers exceeding the speed limit and driving aggressively.

Rockville Barrack troopers conducted a special initiative in partnership with the State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division from April 26-May 1, in the area of the sky bridge on I-495 near Green Tree Road and I-270. During that initiative, troopers issued speeding citations for the following:

80-89 mph – 115 citations

90-99 mph – 31 citations

100+ mph – 9 citations

Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division personnel targeted trucks operating in that area. They conducted 26 commercial vehicle inspections, which resulted in 11 trucks and three drivers being placed out of service for various violations.

Just yesterday, troopers from the College Park Barrack working speed enforcement on the Capital Beltway and I-95 issued citations for the following:

80-89 mph – 3 citations

90-99 mph – 12 citations

100+ mph – 7 citations, including speeds measured at 114, 120, 130 and 136 mph.

During the weekend, troopers at the Forestville Barrack working I-495 issued speed enforcement citations for the following:

80-89 mph – 10 citations

90-99 mph – 1 citation

100+ mph – 3 citations

Maryland State Police highway safety initiatives in this region and throughout the state will continue, in cooperation with the Maryland Department of Transportation and local law enforcement. Please obey the speed limit, do not drive aggressively or impaired and always buckle up.

Mandatory court appearance if ticketed for speeding on the Garden State Parkway..they are warning everyone with the changeable road signs...

borislav

Control Rider
In MD 20 mph over speed limit is reckless driving charge, and if you didn't know if you speeding 20 mph over 65 mph speed limit it is automatically 5 points!!!

buzz-06

Well, it’s blatantly obvious that Maryland let all the non-essentials come out and play today. Traffic everywhere during the lunch hour. For the last month and a half I’ve been able to leave the shop and go get something to eat and be back in 10-15min. Today it took double..... while I don’t like the reason for the reduced traffic I must admit it was nice while it lasted.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Well, it’s blatantly obvious that Maryland let all the non-essentials come out and play today. Traffic everywhere during the lunch hour. For the last month and a half I’ve been able to leave the shop and go get something to eat and be back in 10-15min. Today it took double..... while I don’t like the reason for the reduced traffic I must admit it was nice while it lasted.

Seems like it's a common theme across states that the non-essentials are the ones that cant fucking drive.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Anyone else a little miffed at being classified as nonessential? That doesn't stop them from wanting my nonessential taxes.